Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default November 12, 2011 - Nick's Meet

UPDATE

Due to the fact response wasn't exactly through the roof for the moon run (possibly because it could be snowing on dark debris ridden mountain roads) we've changed it up to an old fashioned Nick's meet. Very casual, come as you please. I'll be there from about 6:30. The joint closes around 10:00. Traditionally most people have rolled through around 7:30-8:00. If it's cold, there's plenty of seating inside.

Nick's
1712 W. Orangethorpe
Fullerton

====================
====================
OP
Here's the current and possibly final status.

Meet at 3:00pm. (A)
Roll at 4:00pm.
Reach Mt. Wilson around sunset (C)
Hang for however long (moon rises at 6:15)
Head for (D)

Taking suggestions for eateries around D.

From Small White Car. This is the current route as tagged above.
----------------
http://g.co/maps/k5vjv

Meet right off the freeway in Sunland, we can leave out the back so we don't have to go left without a signal. A left turn onto Oro Vista, through a small residential area with one or two stop signs and then it becomes Big Tujunga Canyon Road.

No one lost so far?

Once we come to Angeles Forest Highway, we go right and run that to the junction with Angeles Crest Highway and make a left. There is a large parking lot there if we feel the need to regroup and wait for stragglers.

Still with us?

From there it's about four miles to Mt Wilson/Redbox Rd. We all turn right and it's another four miles up Mt. Wilson Road. This part will definitely be a 'cruise' since it is usually pretty dirty on this narrow two laner full of blind corners, rock faces and sheer cliffs. Once we get on top, there is ample room to park if we can get into the gates of Skyline Park, I don't know if they close them or not although I can't recall ever seeing that gate closed any time I've ever been up there. Even if the gate is closed there is probably plenty of room along Mt. Wilson Circle to gaze down on L.A.

Hope for very cold conditions as they give the clearest views.

Back in the cars and down the mountain into La Cañada and we can rendezvous where our regular Crest cruise begins or a suitable eating establishment.

~45 miles, about an hour and a half wheel time according to Google.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 11-08-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #2

Well most of the nasty part of ACH can be found past Redbox/Mt. Wilson which is just after Angeles Forest Highway which connects to Big Tujunga Canyon so we could do a Big T/Angeles Forest/Angeles Crest/Mt. Wilson and end up in La Cañada run?

Those roads are on much less steep mountains than ACH so there is less rock fall and also the forest has been pretty much decimated up there since the fires so the view will be brighter with far fewer trees.

I'll have to look into access to the observatory but umm, it's an observatory so I would imagine a clear, full moon lit night it might be open.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #3

By the way?

I'm not leading.

http://g.co/maps/k5vjv

Meet right off the freeway in Sunland, we can leave out the back so we don't have to go left without a signal. A left turn onto Oro Vista, through a small residential area with one or two stop signs and then it becomes Big Tujunga Canyon Road.

No one lost so far?

Once we come to Angeles Forest Highway, we go right and run that to the junction with Angeles Crest Highway and make a left. There is a large parking lot there if we feel the need to regroup and wait for stragglers.

Still with us?

From there it's about four miles to Mt Wilson/Redbox Rd. We all turn right and it's another four miles up Mt. Wilson Road. This part will definitely be a 'cruise' since it is usually pretty dirty on this narrow two laner full of blind corners, rock faces and sheer cliffs. Once we get on top, there is ample room to park if we can get into the gates of Skyline Park, I don't know if they close them or not although I can't recall ever seeing that gate closed any time I've ever been up there. Even if the gate is closed there is probably plenty of room along Mt. Wilson Circle to gaze down on L.A.

Hope for very cold conditions as they give the clearest views.

Back in the cars and down the mountain into La Cañada and we can rendezvous where our regular Crest cruise begins or a suitable eating establishment.

~45 miles, about an hour and a half wheel time according to Google.

And remember...

I'm not leading!

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Last edited by Small White Car : 10-11-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #4

Umm, all I got out of this thread was that we're gonna be turning left and right at night, and we will be led by a small white car into the blackness (edit: at a leisurely pace). Am I right?

Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #5

Except for the being led by...

Old 10-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #6

Oh hey I just realized something, I certainly wont be leading, or following for that matter. I got tickets to Al Stewart on the 12th.

Have fun guys, stay safe.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

If it's at night I might even be able to make it depending on whether or not I work that day or not
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
If it's at night I might even be able to make it depending on whether or not I work that day or not
It's gonna be that Saturday night. I'm committed to that much.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #9

what will you be driving Sean?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

My normal question, whats the grub?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!