Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Whose Down for Irwindale 12/18/08?

Couple vids from the night:
Bad Ass
Run 1 TV8M 135i vs. Lightning
Run 2 Civic vs. Civic
Run 3 Gen II Camaro vs. Chevy?
Run 4 TV8M 135i vs. M3
Run 5 Evo
Run 6 New Charger vs. Old Vega
Run 7 Fairlane vs. Civic
Run 8 C6 vs. Civic
Run 9 GTi vs. Cobra (pops belt?)
Run 10 Old School Mustang vs. Camaro

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 12-20-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I got a hankering to get the lead out. If it ain't raining, I'm pretty sure I'm going take the old girl for a spin at Irwindale this Thursday. Anyone else round here going?
I think Ricky from OCHP is going. I can't, I have to do a training class all day
Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #3

Time for a new tranny again

1990 5.7 Iroc-Z

Old 12-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #4

not taking the big boys out.. gunna have some fun with the 135i hehe

see ya there!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:31 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV8M View Post
not taking the big boys out.. gunna have some fun with the 135i hehe

see ya there!
Nice to meet you in person. Cool we got to run with by serendipitiy. That lil 135i ain't slow, that's for sure. I got a video when I was taking a break of the 135i vs a Lightning I think, and another one of it vs. the M3. I'll have it up in a day or so. Peace out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Time for a new tranny again

Ben's car must just not like him. I've put more abuse on mine with less care taken initially (I put it in used and bone stock) and mine is still running strong.

In all seriousness though, I think Ben's trans must have had a hairline crack. The T56 has sort of become the LS1 of transmissions. Used in everything because they're incredibly stout. I love GM.

My Neon transmission on the other hand, wasn't able to handle an enormous 140hp on a 185 tire for even 90K miles.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #7

awesome!

last night was perfect for street cars
Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Nice to meet you in person. Cool we got to run with by serendipitiy. That lil 135i ain't slow, that's for sure. I got a video when I was taking a break of the 135i vs a Lightning I think, and another one of it vs. the M3. I'll have it up in a day or so. Peace out.
How did you run?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
How did you run?
A best of 8.2 at 88mph with a high 1.9 60'. I'll put slips in later a do a little analysis against my last outing at Irwindale. Seriously, the best way for me to pick up a couple tenths is going to be with suspension. I'm set up very hard, like for a slalom or road race so I just don't get any weight transfer. With MT Drag Radials at 13-15psi, heated up good, I can still only launch at 2,500 - 3,000 and feather in the throttle or they'll spin.

I celebrated Christmas by red lighting almost every run. Irwindale has a very slight tilt at the tree and I'm in a manual, so once you take your foot off the brake, you start to drift and I try to load the trans a touch before dropping the hammer which means it's very easy to drift across the start beam. Next year I'm going to develop the technique of using the line lock at the tree.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
A best of 8.2 at 88mph with a high 1.9 60'. I'll put slips in later a do a little analysis against my last outing at Irwindale. Seriously, the best way for me to pick up a couple tenths is going to be with suspension. I'm set up very hard, like for a slalom or road race so I just don't get any weight transfer. With MT Drag Radials at 13-15psi, heated up good, I can still only launch at 2,500 - 3,000 and feather in the throttle or they'll spin.

I celebrated Christmas by red lighting almost every run. Irwindale has a very slight tilt at the tree and I'm in a manual, so once you take your foot off the brake, you start to drift and I try to load the trans a touch before dropping the hammer which means it's very easy to drift across the start beam. Next year I'm going to develop the technique of using the line lock at the tree.
That's awesome dude. That beats my slipping belt 1/8th mile time and mph at California Speedway. I think if I went to Irwindale with everything solved the Cobra should do like 92/93mph in the 1/8th. Maybe after I get the x-pipe installed I'll borrow Mark's tires again and give it a shot.