Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #1

Default Mustang Question???

What Mustang body out of the fox and the sn95 would make the best full on drag car? Anything newer then that will cost too much. Frankly I'm tired of my future wife asking me why I mod a car I have to drive everyday. So I have decided that come tax return time I'm going to pick up myself a roller and start building from there. I like the looks of the 94-95 over the Fox but I think the fox makes a better race car.

Let me know what you guys think...

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 11-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

There are users here who know far more than I about Mustangs, but my understanding is the late 80s Notch with a 5.0L is a great, and very cheap, platform for building a drag car. I think you can pickup ones that are already built to hell, motor, axle, everything ready for strip duty well under $10k. TV8M has got a wicked 88' that runs into the 8s. I wonder how much scratch she's got into it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #3

Yeah but the notch is just so ugly lol. I do to this day love and miss my old 89 GT fox body but I favor the new body more and I'm looking at a project that is going to run about 2 to 3 years start to finish. I thinking I might look into getting a 94 to 98 v6 and starting with that and building it myself. Thinking fully built and blown 351. But I'm day dreaming and just thinking out loud right now

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 11-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Nothing wrong with day dreaming. Since you're talking about a purpose built car, are you just interested in doing it yourself for the joy of it? If not, it almost certainly would be cheaper to buy one already done.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Fast & Filthy

A fox body will be cheaper and it's also lighter. The notch back are the most areo dynamic but everyone who is into racing want them so they go for more money than GT or LX hatch. GTR has a stripped 80's hatch sitting behind their shop that the owner only want $200 for. If your going to build an all out (meaning not street legal) car it's would be a cheap way to start.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #6

the 94-98 body style is still as cheap as a fox.. they are just alittle heavier than the foxes. so the price range might be a little higher ($2,000) more for the actual body.. i know, bc thats gunna be my next project car..
the 88 stang is still under $30,000. thats bad ass everything, but still not over the top.. paint, body, motor, sus, electronics, interior, wheels, tires.ect.. you can make a 9 sec stang for $15,000 no prob.