Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Noob with WRX

Hey peeps; been to a few meets but have never posted. My name is Jason and I drive a 09 Subaru WRX. The car was used as Eibach's test car for their new suspension kits for the 09+; she has a turbo back exhaust and is pro tuned. Within the next month she will have a turbo-xs front mount intercooler and a KS Technology big maf cold air intake...then a retune. I came from the diesel world and love the fact that this car is much cheaper to mod than the diesel. Figured I'd say hello and looking forward to meeting you guys.

The car on Eibach's

Front lip that we imported from Australia since no one makes a "nice" fitting lip for these cars
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

It was good to see you again today - love the car. I can't wait to see what it does after the next set of mods
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard. Sorry I missed today, that's a nice lil run.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #4

Welcome

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #5

Welcome
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #6

Welcome to Motorgen!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Graphics B*tch

Welcome. If I had to buy an import I would totally buy a WRX. I have always liked them.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #8

Thanks guys looking forward to meeting you all at the next meet.

My build is taking a different approach now, so hopefully by the next month the car will have the following parts.

Turbo xs front mount intercooler & BOV
KS Technology 73mm cold air intake
Walbro fuel pump
750+cc injectors
Tomei Expreme EL headers and uppipe
Prodrive electronic boost control solenoid
And a retune

Last edited by 06f250sd : 03-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Welcome. If I had to buy an import I would totally buy a WRX. I have always liked them.
WRX FTIW I=Import
Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #10

Figured I could update this thread....so the car now sits on a set of BC coilovers...the ride is nothing short of amazing and handles completely different than on the stock struts and Eibachs (which I thought was a great ride compared to stock). The car will be corner balanced and aligned tomorrow by Darrin and Westend Alignment.

So far the only things that have changed from my original list are the headers/uppipe and injectors. I will be running a GT Spec EL Header and Uppipe and she will be on 1000cc DeatschWerks injectors instead of the 750's. The car (at some point) hopefully sooner than later will be on E-85...so the 1000cc are a must. I also am adding in a set of STI "group N" motor mounts, transmission mount, as well as a Kartboy pitch stop mount. The motor mounts will definitely cut down on the rock that I get when getting on the throttle. UPS should be showing up by Friday with the header and all the mounts, then the header will be taken to Embee for a black ceramic coating inside/out.

I got the FMIC piping, intake and BOV back from getting powdercoated. I settled on silver-vein as it isn't to flashy but I think it gives the piping some "class/bling" (if they can be used in the same sentence). Here are a couple pics....Sorry about the quality, they were taken with my phone.

So after everything is installed the car will be heading over to Shawn @ Church Automotive Testing to get tuned. Next on the list will be a gloss vinyl roof and some Treble Racing badges on the car, a carbon fiber hood/trunk, a set of 18x8.5 SSR Type F wheels in black and a Blouch Dom 3xt-r turbo with a meth kit....I have to give a shout out to Vim @ Treble Racing for sponsoring the car and taking my money. Everytime I talk with him something else gets added to this list.