Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
It's his daily driver. It's not that fast at the track. His best time has only been in the 11.80's but that was with the Magnacharger. With the twin he only run low 12's. He either smokes um out of the hole or bogs.
I'm surprised it doesn't run quicker. I've heard they're a bitch to launch though, so maybe that's the problem
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm surprised it doesn't run quicker. I've heard they're a bitch to launch though, so maybe that's the problem
That's funny Ben would say the same about your car.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Chate

Wasnt there something about GTO rear ends that was supposed to be bad? I dunno i might be blabbing but i remember someone telling me something about em when i was looking for a car (before the C5)??
Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
Wasnt there something about GTO rear ends that was supposed to be bad? I dunno i might be blabbing but i remember someone telling me something about em when i was looking for a car (before the C5)??
They have wheel-hop because of the IRS, but most IRS cars have at least some hop..
Old 01-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
They have wheel-hop because of the IRS, but most IRS cars have at least some hop..
There are a few issues. One, as Sean mentioned is wheel hop. Which my buddy had in his when he was running Nitto drag radials. However, when he went to M/T ET Streets he no longer had that issue. Two, the half shafts aren't that strong. Before he went to the M/T he checked the shafts on his car and they were already twisting with the Nittos that don't hook up any better than a regular radial. Final issue is that all the components (ring and pinion, carrier, etc.) are from Australia so they are really expensive here. He check into changing the gear ratio and decided not to because it cost so much.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
Come dyno your Vette at our dyno day

Okay, I'm done thread jacking.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #17

the LS2s are so damn nice and probably the best bang for your buck out there now. And if you have never sat in one, you'd be in for a surprise... the seats are so damn comfortable; i swear i was sitting in a big caddy
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
the LS2s are so damn nice and probably the best bang for your buck out there now. And if you have never sat in one, you'd be in for a surprise... the seats are so damn comfortable; i swear i was sitting in a big caddy
Seriously, the interior is still the best I've ever sat in for a GM car. I'd definitely love to have one for a driver down the line. Intake, exhaust and a tune would probably be good for 450ish crank hp...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
There are a few issues. One, as Sean mentioned is wheel hop. Which my buddy had in his when he was running Nitto drag radials. However, when he went to M/T ET Streets he no longer had that issue. Two, the half shafts aren't that strong. Before he went to the M/T he checked the shafts on his car and they were already twisting with the Nittos that don't hook up any better than a regular radial. Final issue is that all the components (ring and pinion, carrier, etc.) are from Australia so they are really expensive here. He check into changing the gear ratio and decided not to because it cost so much.
The other issue is limited rear wheel wheels like the original 64-65 GTOs and other A-bodies. You can't get much tire under the rear unless you do some serious massaging.
1965 GTO - 439CI Poncho (440 hp/510 tq), 3 2bbl carbs (Tripower!), M20-4speed, Pro-Touring treatment (13"/12" brakes, fast ratio PS, tubular control arms, Global West suspension, etc.), 18" AR TT2 Classic wheels
2005 GTO - Cyclone Grey Metallic, M6 - Chrome lugnuts and tire valve caps; Oil Catch Can; Revenge Designs Spoiler; JBA shorties; Tuned by Advanced Dyno
2009 G8 GT - Maverick Silver Metallic, A6 - Chrome lugnuts on the way...

GTO: "A device for shrinking Time and Distance..."