Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak View Post
I just wanna say to all the people with the "if it's free to make how does it hold value" mentality: Ask the federal reserve, they've been doing it since 19...seventy...something. Look at the back of your USD currency, that shit is legal tender, it holds no actual value.
We will only have a finite amount of bitcoins about 200 million I think. So at some point you will no longer be able to get bitcoins for free.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
We will only have a finite amount of bitcoins about 200 million I think. So at some point you will no longer be able to get bitcoins for free.
AIR the design is structurally limited to about 21 million units. The Mining algorithms were simply a method of growing the supply at a limited rate that did/does require time and effort (not free really). Anyways, though technically fascinating the mechanism for the creation of the supply is not the point. Use of the coins as money is the point. Secondarily, the whole system is a test of methods to completely bypass mainstream financial institutions and support non-compliant markets in a robust manor.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I have had it running for like 3 days and don't have one it is stuck at 133758 blocks WTF?

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I have had it running for like 3 days and don't have one it is stuck at 133758 blocks WTF?
Do you have generate Coins selected in the settings menu? How many hashes per second are yo processing?

Nevertheless, like I've said a bunch of times. It's not free or easy! You may run for weeks and weeks before you pick up any. It's an emulation of prospecting for gold. You might get lucky and pick up a bunch in a hurry, it could be months. The point of this algorithm is to give a distributed constrained release of units into the market. If you want a guaranteed way to get some, offer your service as an electrician, or maybe some ammo . Then with your EARNED money you can buy some LSD and put it in Sean's diet coke the next time you see him. Something fun like that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You can always join a mining pool and split the bit coins
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Perfect, exactly my point, it's already better than the crap we use
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

We shall overcome.

Not only can you have LSD shipped to you using Bitcoins, now you can reserve rooms at a major hotel.

http://hojomaingate.com/blog/now-acc...for-your-stay/

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #38
I, Vettezuki

I don't know if you've been following BTC valuation but it has exploded recently. They're at about $80/BTC. Even some banks have started getting involved and the treasury has got their panties in a tight little wad over it being unregulated. Yeah. Suck a bag dicks fucktards.

They might be able to regulated transactions in/out across exchanges, but they can't touch direct (P2P) usage. They're powerless.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Make that $91.25. Market cap is now past $1 billion. I remember when these were just a couple bucks. Hell a year ago they were like $10. Now, I didn't buy in, kind of wish I did!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #40
I, Vettezuki

The rate of adoption is pretty rapid. Remember, while government can intervene to constrain exchanges, it can't do a damn thing to curtail P2P/direct usage of BTC. If BTC is broadly adopted, the need for exchanging to other currencies like USD falls dramatically.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...to-main-street

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)