Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Failure to Display Tags

Forgot to put 2011 tags on my wife's car. Well, that was a $118 oversight. You've got to be fuc*ing kidding me. My contempt for all things government grows.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Did she have proof it was current when the cop gave her the ticket?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Did she have proof it was current when the cop gave her the ticket?
The ticket was left on her car in a parking lot.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The ticket was left on her car in a parking lot.
Yeah, that's a shitty one

I think in that case they should give you 30 days to prove your registration was current at the time. If it was, they should excuse the ticket.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

I think in that case they should give you 30 days to prove your registration was current at the time. If it was, they should excuse the ticket.
Setting aside the curiousness of requiring annual registration in the first place, that'd be sensible enough.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that if you go to the station and show that the registration was current and that the tag is now on that you won't have to pay the full fine. I know when I got tickets for not having front license plates on the Cobra and Explorer that's all I had to do. It went from an $80 fine to $10.

I still have the one on the Explorer but not the Cobra. I didn't want to dril holes and ruin my front bumper so I just made a bracket that I bolted through the opening in the bumper. Once I got the ticket signed off I removed it when I got home.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #7

Cops with the plate scanners are cruising every parking lot they can.

My son got one, for the same reason. I called the city manager and politely told him it was really shitty to be shopping in your city and get a fixit ticket in the shopping center parking lot. Threatened to tell everyone I knew not to shop in that city.
A Lt. called and said to bring the vehicle in with the tag on it and he would dismiss the ticket. And he did. $0.
Just have let them know a BS small change ticket could cost them a lot more in lost revenue.
Contacted the store manager too.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
Cops with the plate scanners are cruising every parking lot they can.

My son got one, for the same reason. I called the city manager and politely told him it was really shitty to be shopping in your city and get a fixit ticket in the shopping center parking lot. Threatened to tell everyone I knew not to shop in that city.
A Lt. called and said to bring the vehicle in with the tag on it and he would dismiss the ticket. And he did. $0.
Just have let them know a BS small change ticket could cost them a lot more in lost revenue.
Contacted the store manager too.

We own a business in the center. Maybe I'll bitch the landlord as well that potential customers wouldn't be too happy about nonsense tickets. It's total horse shit. I don't even know why cops are on private property. Oh wait, not unlike the mob, they've got to shake down citizens for cash. How could I forget. It's actually worse. When the mob extorts people for protection money they at least keep the riff raff out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Sad to say you still gotta pay a $25 processing fee, all my fixit tickets required this even if they were bullshit in the first place
Old 08-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
Graphics B*tch

I remember a few months after I got my truck years ago that my dad used it to run over to sears at the Brea mall and a cop wrote me for one. I had gotten the registration the day before and had not opened the mail yet. My dad saw the cop and asked why she wrote me a ticket if she could clearly see the temporary registration slip in the front windshield. She basically said I should of had it by now. I sent in the copy of my registration and temporary registration and a few weeks later a letter saying the ticket was removed.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten