Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Dun dun dun dun dadaladun dun dun dun dun da da da, dun dun dun dadaladun POP Goes my trannie!

In the last few days the whining has been getting worse, and 2nd gear sounds like rocks in the trans. Today on the freeway it jumped out of 5th. The again and again, had to hold it in there. Getting off it wouldn't go into first or second, had to shove it in third to line up the synchros.

Pulled out of the driveway to go home, sounded like rocks, took off down the street... bearing failure! Now waiting for the tow truck to tow me back to p-town. Thank God I have the Premium AAA membership. Won't have to pay for the 30 mile tow. Anyways, just waitin for the tow truck driver now.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #32
Graphics B*tch

Suck, I guess you are just going to have to drve the vette until you get the neon fixed. Darn. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands to fix anything.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Suck, I guess you are just going to have to drve the vette until you get the neon fixed. Darn. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands to fix anything.
Haha, thanks dude! I should be fine, if I can do a T56 by myself this itty bitty 4 banger tranny should be a piece of cake... I'll just have to turn myself sideways.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #34
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Haha, thanks dude! I should be fine, if I can do a T56 by myself this itty bitty 4 banger tranny should be a piece of cake... I'll just have to turn myself sideways.
Let me know when you do it, I wouldn't mind learning how.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #35
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Sorry about your tranny by the way
Old 12-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Let me know when you do it, I wouldn't mind learning how.
For sheezy sleezy.

It will probably go something like this:

Unbolt these, unplug that, remove that, set aside that, can't reach that bolt or that bolt, at which point I will mutter "slow fu*king piece of sh*t g*ddamn front wheel drive import wanna be." Then I'll get to them, bang my knuckles in the process. Then try to pull it out (that's what she said) and it won't budge and I'll remember that this car has a gay mod clutch and I forgot to unbolt the flywheel or pull the fork first, then I'll figure it out, pull it out, set it on the driveway, feel victorious, call it a day and watch some South Park. The End. Oh yeah, then reverse the process. The End.

Just to warn you.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #37
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Dun dun dun dun dadaladun dun dun dun dun da da da, dun dun dun dadaladun POP Goes my trannie!

In the last few days the whining has been getting worse, and 2nd gear sounds like rocks in the trans. Today on the freeway it jumped out of 5th. The again and again, had to hold it in there. Getting off it wouldn't go into first or second, had to shove it in third to line up the synchros.

Pulled out of the driveway to go home, sounded like rocks, took off down the street... bearing failure! Now waiting for the tow truck to tow me back to p-town. Thank God I have the Premium AAA membership. Won't have to pay for the 30 mile tow. Anyways, just waitin for the tow truck driver now.
Sorry to hear about the trans. It's been the week to use AAA. I used them Sunday at 1 am. Is the Vette driveable?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Sorry to hear about the trans. It's been the week to use AAA. I used them Sunday at 1 am. Is the Vette driveable?
Yes! The Vette is the only reliable vehicle that I've ever owned. Must have to do with the fact that I built it, and that it's not a Dodge.

Unfortunately there are no door locks, handles or a hood. I was thinking about taking the stereo out so that nothing can be stolen from inside. And I have t-top locks so those aren't going anywhere.