Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #161
I, Vettezuki

I get about 15 when my foot's in it. 26+- when cruising on the FWY. LSx FTW!

Here's another full day run. The following just shows the targeted segment. It's a run some of my biker friends who ride up to watch MotoGP take every year. Apparently one of the best kept, nicest, largely untraveled roads in CA.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #162
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I get about 15 when my foot's in it. 26+- when cruising on the FWY. LSx FTW!

Here's another full day run. The following just shows the targeted segment. It's a run some of my biker friends who ride up to watch MotoGP take every year. Apparently one of the best kept, nicest, largely untraveled roads in CA.
That is a long ways. I don't see that being only 2 hours. That is more like 4 hours. We would have to plan an early start time. I drove that YEARS ago. It is slow to get to and traffic to get there and back is a bitch at times.

Yes, it is a GREAT road.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #163

I will give that road a try and return on 58.

I got 12mpg on the GMR run. I usually average 16mpg around town and if I keep my foot out of it, I can get 24mpg on the freeway at 80mph. The boost gauge I notice moves in the opposite direction of the gas gauge. Higher the boost the quicker the gas gauge moves down.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #164
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I will give that road a try and return on 58.

I got 12mpg on the GMR run. Higher the boost the quicker the gas gauge moves down.

Bob
Funny how that works.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #165
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
That is a long ways. I don't see that being only 2 hours. That is more like 4 hours. We would have to plan an early start time. I drove that YEARS ago. It is slow to get to and traffic to get there and back is a bitch at times.

Yes, it is a GREAT road.
No no. Just that segment of 110 miles is 2.5 hours. Getting there and back would be much more. It's a FULL day with stopping and eating, etc., think 10am to 10pm or something like that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #166
Neanderthal

Quote:
No no. Just that segment of 110 miles is 2.5 hours. Getting there and back would be much more. It's a FULL day with stopping and eating, etc., think 10am to 10pm or something like that.
SO--how many do you think can do that big a run? The cost of gas alone would make it difficult for some--including me. With some couple of months lead time, more could go. If I'm wrong..............

Don't get me wrong I like the idea...just need to plan for it.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #167

Quote:
We talked about it the other day. One possibility, but may be a bit much to but together in short order is a Mulholland/Topanga run. If you've got any ideas, share them with the group.
I'm up for the 13th. I was hoping there would be another run soon, since I missed this last one. I don't know the LA area that well, so I don't have a lot of input on a potential route. I'll leave that to the locals. If the route could be reasonable to reach for those of us from the San Diego area, that would be sweet.