Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #201
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Really? Like ball joints?
Haha. I'd been a very loyal customer to VB&P, don't even want to think about how much I've spent with them. Then I install a set of their new ball joints, drive to a high perf alignment shop within a week, and the guy tells me that my ball joints are shot. Even shows me the play in the wheel.

Then I ask VB&P for a replacement set, and they demand the old set in return first. What would I have done had you not had a set to loan me? Left the Vette up on jacks for two weeks? And it's not like they didn't already know about the problem. What makes this unbearable was that Patti PROMISED to advance me a set of ball joints, then ignored me for a month! What the f*ck is that about? If I want to be ignored, I'll date more stuck up rich bitches from YL.

They lost a 7 year customer over a set of ball joints. They should have been recalled anyways. I have no regrets and no love for that company. They're out of business already in my mind.

AFR put out some inferior valves I think it was, and they promptly issued a recall and alerted their customers of the problem. That's good business.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #202
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ha. I can be kind of a dick I guess. My problem is that I just don't let things go, ever.
Kinda?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #203
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Haha. I'd been a very loyal customer to VB&P, don't even want to think about how much I've spent with them. Then I install a set of their new ball joints, drive to a high perf alignment shop within a week, and the guy tells me that my ball joints are shot. Even shows me the play in the wheel.

Then I ask VB&P for a replacement set, and they demand the old set in return first. What would I have done had you not had a set to loan me? Left the Vette up on jacks for two weeks? And it's not like they didn't already know about the problem. What makes this unbearable was that Patti PROMISED to advance me a set of ball joints, then ignored me for a month! What the f*ck is that about? If I want to be ignored, I'll date more stuck up rich bitches from YL.

They lost a 7 year customer over a set of ball joints. They should have been recalled anyways. I have no regrets and no love for that company. They're out of business already in my mind.

AFR put out some inferior valves I think it was, and they promptly issued a recall and alerted their customers of the problem. That's good business.

I guess we're all over the place in this thread unless DB wants to rock it with some killer replies.

I too have bought a bunch of stuff from VB&P. And so far, the service has been very good. I have the dual mount monospring. The bolts that go into the bracket that hold the pad against the spring have a mystical way of working themselves out, soon followed by the pad. I think this has happened twice so far. The first time they sent out the replacement bits ASAP at shipping cost only, second time no cost. This last time I put an ass load of loctite and torqued them as far as I dare and no problem. The performance improvement of the VB&P spring over the stock was massive and reasonably priced. However, I need an adjustable rear suspension for road, canyon, and strip, and I'll be honest, the dropping pad issue has made me hesitant to adjust the spring rate. Sounds like and issue for VetteMod!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #204
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
First of all I have the attention span of a chuwawa on cocaine. And I went thru a few of these pages and I came to the all important final word of Heypal. Dude you sound like a giant douche nozzle. Pay the money or give the heads and stfu end of story now do that then kill yourself for being scum of the earth for ripping people off. Thank you and goodbye.
"giant douche nozzle". Do I have your permission to use that term in the future??
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 12-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #205
Neanderthal

Quote:
Ha. I can be kind of a dick I guess. My problem is that I just don't let things go, ever.
Yea, I'm a BIG RICHARD. Just ask Darlene. She gets so embarssed when I go off on someone for ......... well, screw with me and you WILL find life very hard from that point on.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 12-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #206

I think I can safely say that DB is NOT going to return to this thread.

HOWEVER....

here is the latest response by him via another member at CF:

Just talked to DB here is what he said...

Basically, I sent the money to the machine shop for a set of heads to go to Mike to replace the ones I damaged.

The machine shop sent the heads via USPS but didn't insure or track it...just $40 in postage.

Mike says he never got the heads and I offered a refund. Being almost broke I had to request a check from my MM through work.

I got that check intending to send it to Mike, but my furnace died and I had to use it and the rest of my credit cards to come up with the $770 to pay for the $4,300 furnace.

I told Mike this and offered to send him $110 to tide him over until I could get the rest together but he won't accept my money any more and has decided to pursue legal action.

You can update the forum if you like since I cannot speak for myself on this.

Rest assured I am not trying to scam Mike or steal him money, I feel bad for him in this situation, but my hands are tied.

If he can't accept the money as fast as I can get it to him then I don't know what to do.
-----------------------------------------

Well that's the latest update. Actually, I have a suggestion for what DB should do. Start saving some money for a good lawyer!!! If Mike is pursuing legal action, you are gonna need one.
------------------------------------------
This suggestion was made by 68L71 in that thread:

"d_b should sell his vette...I am sure he could get $770 for it"
I agree!!!!
------------------------------------------
And the last post was made by Glensgages (after which the thread was locked):

"Mike first told me about this situation after having paid for these heads (I believe it was late October, over 8 weeks ago), but within a few days, he sent me an e-mail, telling me they'd been damaged, and shipment would be delayed:since that time, when we exchange e-mails, he tells me it is one story after another, and he's given-up any hopes of these heads arriving in-time so that he can build a fresh motor for the '09 racing season."

Old 12-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #207

Being as DB is pushing this crap for too long, maybe Red can look at suing him for "Deceptive Trade" fraud. He appears to be running a business. Here in Texas, the courts can award Triple Damages for what, IMO, is deceptive trade. I was an expert witness in a law suit against an auto repair/restoration shop. I have seen how ugly the court can make it for the defendant. Tack on attorney fees, filing fees, per diem costs.....DB...pay up now or it could cost you much more in the end.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #208

he may have responded through one of his sheep but true to form CF locked the thread...and NONE of us troublemakers even posted in it.....imagine that!! Interesting he has money to buy crap on ebay but he can`t pay his debts....sad.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #209
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
"I got that check intending to send it to Mike, but my furnace died and I had to use it and the rest of my credit cards to come up with the $770 to pay for the $4,300 furnace."
That's the lamest excuse ever. It wasn't his money to start with and shouldn't have been spent on something for him. Credit card companies will extend credit for emergencies. You just have to call them.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #210

What the hell does a 4300$ furnace do that a cheaper one doesn't?