Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #151

So if the head issue is settled with a refund fairly soon is there any way to fix this? There seems to be a lot of guys that are split and are forced to choose sides and thats a shame.I hate to see so many car guys throwing stones at each other from opposite sides of the parking lot.No doubt there are some really smart guys here that would have no problem finding solutions to any automotive problem.How about we work on a solution to this issue.Now that some of you have been able to express your thoughts completly as to how this mess has come about can you give us an idea as to how you think it can or should be resolved so we can all get back to being decent to one another?

Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #152

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...post1568314779

Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #153
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Well, I've stayed out of this up to this point, but I do have a question directed to Durango_Boy. What is the deal with the heads? Have you refunded the money yet? It seems quite simple to me that either the buyer should get his heads immediately or you should refund his money. If you have another side to add, please do, but it seems pretty straight forward to me

Old 12-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Well, I've stayed out of this up to this point, but I do have a question directed to Durango_Boy. What is the deal with the heads? Have you refunded the money yet? It seems quite simple to me that either the buyer should get his heads immediately or you should refund his money. If you have another side to add, please do, but it seems pretty straight forward to me
I'll answer your question sir, since DB probably won't come back here after V-Twin ripped him a new one

Here is the latest post from the guy (Red 69) who still didn't receive his heads or a refund. It was posted today at 11:45AM. It's in the form of a Christmas wish...

"OK...here goes; I wish Durango_Boy refunds me the $770 paid for his Vortec heads I bought through the C-3 4-sale section here last October. I have not received the heads or even one dime but many excuses and broken promises. When I posted this a few weeks ago I couldn't even get an ounce of sympathy here. I noticed Durango_Boy is given $200 gift certificates and showered in accolades. Maybe his supporters over here would like to pass the hat and raise the money to meet his obligation to me? I'm not going to have a very good Christmas due to Durango_Boy. To rub salt in my wound, I am burdened with following this guy around and wasting more of my valuable time. Please, pass the hat and help poor Durango_Boy out. Get me my money and I'll be gone, honest!
Merry Christmas!"

BTW....I'm lucky to have grabbed that when I did. The notorious "sanitization" of saying anything negative about Durango Boy just took place. The above post and a post supporting Red 69 were BOTH deleted!!!

Actually, that's no big surprise. That's SOP for anyone who goes against the almighty and infallible (and well-proteced) Durango Boy. I will cease fire for December 25th, mainly becasue my laptop will be cleared off the dining room table for a nice big Christmas ham. On the 26th, hostilities will resume.

And I'd like to extend a special thanks to the mods and owners of this forum. You guys are the BEST! You wouldn't believe how great it is to be able to say this stuff and bring it all out in the open and not get banned for it. I'm proud to be a member of this forum and I'm sure the rest of the CF old timers feel the same way.

Dep

Old 12-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #155
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
I'll answer your question sir, since DB probably won't come back here after V-Twin ripped him a new one

Here is the latest post from the guy (Red 69) who still didn't receive his heads or a refund. It was posted today at 11:45AM. It's in the form of a Christmas wish...

"OK...here goes; I wish Durango_Boy refunds me the $770 paid for his Vortec heads I bought through the C-3 4-sale section here last October. I have not received the heads or even one dime but many excuses and broken promises. When I posted this a few weeks ago I couldn't even get an ounce of sympathy here. I noticed Durango_Boy is given $200 gift certificates and showered in accolades. Maybe his supporters over here would like to pass the hat and raise the money to meet his obligation to me? I'm not going to have a very good Christmas due to Durango_Boy. To rub salt in my wound, I am burdened with following this guy around and wasting more of my valuable time. Please, pass the hat and help poor Durango_Boy out. Get me my money and I'll be gone, honest!
Merry Christmas!"

BTW....I'm lucky to have grabbed that when I did. The notorious "sanitization" of saying anything negative about Durango Boy just took place. The above post and a post supporting him were BOTH deleted!!!

Actually, that's no big surprise. That's SOP for anyone who goes against the almighty and infallible (and well-proteced) Durango Boy. I will cease fire for December 25th, mainly becasue my laptop will be cleared off the dining room table for a nice big Christmas ham. On the 26th, hostilities will resume.

And I'd like to extend a special thanks to the mods and owners of this forum. You guys are the BEST! You wouldn't believe how great it is to be able to say this stuff and bring it all out in the open and not get banned for it. I'm proud to be a member of this forum and I'm sure the rest of the CF old timers feel the same way.

Dep

I just don't even understand it. If he doesn't have the product, he should give the money back and that's it. If he has a good reason, I'm all ears, but so far I haven't seen any clear indication why this situation is still lingering on...

Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I just don't even understand it. If he doesn't have the product, he should give the money back and that's it. If he has a good reason, I'm all ears, but so far I haven't seen any clear indication why this situation is still lingering on...
I can't help you with a good reason. Got me baffled too. All DB posts is BS excuses. No doubt he doesn't want to turn lose with the cash. And for the mods to support and protect him is inexcuseable. At the very least his posting priviledges should be suspended until the situation is rectified. Instead, they go after the victim. That's how screwed up that place is.
DB is lucky the guy he owes the heads/money to isn't a loon or has a bad temper.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #157

you have to drink the wine to understand it, the whole kool aid container!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #158
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post

Merry Christmas!"

BTW....I'm lucky to have grabbed that when I did. The notorious "sanitization" of saying anything negative about Durango Boy just took place. The above post and a post supporting Red 69 were BOTH deleted!!!

Dep

Damn, just DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sure is taking it better than I would.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 12-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #159

This is sick

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...69s-heads.html

Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #160

The silence from DB about these heads is deafening. It's one thing to dispense bad/dangerous advice, it's another to just be a crook. This really stinks to high heaven. How interesting that every other day DB is online all the time. Today, he's offline.

Taking up a collection to re-imburse Red 69 for the money that DB won't refund?....no thanks. While the intent seems to be in the right direction, I don't see covering DB's ass for what amounts to stealing. It takes him off the hook. A better idea is to take up a collection to hire a lawyer to sue him. That's the only way he might learn a lesson. And that's what I posted at CF

Dep