Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Put slicks on it. I'd still bet on Ron's Chevelle.
I would too. Because he'd go about 5' before his rear end would be in a couple hundred pieces.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I would too. Because he'd go about 5' before his rear end would be in a couple hundred pieces.
Exactly what I was thinking.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Further, the Chevelle is a purpose drag car isn't it? I think the Cobra would be a better comparison to Cambria. I've never put anything higher than 91 in Cambria, and I never will. Not my intent with the car. Her job is to be able to punish a C6 on the freeway from a roll and look good as I drive the gf around on the weekends.
The Chevelle wasn't built specifically for drag racing. It has stock big block springs in the front with a coil and half cut off, stock rear spring, stock 12 bolt with stock axles and a stock posi with 3.73 gear. The only thing specific as far as the suspension is concerned is a set of 90/10 shocks in the front that are about 17 years old. Sure, it's gutted but that wasn't for drag racing, that's because I was in the process of restoring it and ran out of funds. I have all the interior for it in my shed. I did install some safety things such as the aluminum rear package tray and the roll cage.

Also, the Chevelle only put down 530rwhp on a 150 shot so if your at where you think you are you should be 100rwhp more than me and you have a lighter car. As for the dyno test, I don't have AFR gauge so I wanted to run it on the dyno to see where it's at and also to get the timing dialed in. I spent about 2 hours tuning it on Friday and it's running really good so I probably will not run it on the dyno and just see what it does at the track.

I think you need to take Ben up on the offer to barrow his ET Streets because I think you and I need to run on the 31st. I'll even run you on just motor for the first run.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #24
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The Chevelle wasn't built specifically for drag racing. It has stock big block springs in the front with a coil and half cut off, stock rear spring, stock 12 bolt with stock axles and a stock posi with 3.73 gear. The only thing specific as far as the suspension is concerned is a set of 90/10 shocks in the front that are about 17 years old. Sure, it's gutted but that wasn't for drag racing, that's because I was in the process of restoring it and ran out of funds. I have all the interior for it in my shed. I did install some safety things such as the aluminum rear package tray and the roll cage.

Also, the Chevelle only put down 530rwhp on a 150 shot so if your at where you think you are you should be 100rwhp more than me and you have a lighter car. As for the dyno test, I don't have AFR gauge so I wanted to run it on the dyno to see where it's at and also to get the timing dialed in. I spent about 2 hours tuning it on Friday and it's running really good so I probably will not run it on the dyno and just see what it does at the track.

I think you need to take Ben up on the offer to barrow his ET Streets because I think you and I need to run on the 31st. I'll even run you on just motor for the first run.
On ET Streets I think Enkei's rearend would last less than 60ft
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Adam, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't take him up on his challenge.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
On ET Streets I think Enkei's rearend would last less than 60ft
Given the nature of wheel hop on old Vettes, low pressure ET streets might actually be safer than hard street tires. I can spin them with a lot less power (especially at Fontana), but they've never hopped. Street tires just bounce. If he feathers out on the streets his rear end will be ok. He'll get killed in the 60' by Ron for sure. I doubt Adam's Vette could break 2.2 60' on the Streets, Ron is down to 1.5"s Forget it. MPH vs. MPH will be the only comparison. . . that's if Adam can get off clean fast shifts.

Adam I hope you come out to the drags just for shits and giggles, but at this time it's not a serious objective comparison of anything.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #27
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:

Ok you wrote a lot, but didn't say much. Here is the condensed version:

You have a gutted, caged, big block chevelle on nitrous and slicks that's not "really built" for drag racing??????

I understand what you are saying about the axles and rear end, but you don't need the super strong billet stuff when you take ALL the weight out of the car. How long have you been racing this car? Any form of racing other than drag racing? Oh wait the 3.73s for for better gas mileage and the removed hood was for better cooling in that LA stop and go traffic.

You will crush Adam and anyone else on motorgen. Want to be fair race him in the Mustang like you did me.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #28
Graphics B*tch

You guys smell that? That is the smell of testosterone and octane!!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #29
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Ok you wrote a lot, but didn't say much. Here is the condensed version:

You have a gutted, caged, big block chevelle on nitrous and slicks that's not "really built" for drag racing??????

I understand what you are saying about the axles and rear end, but you don't need the super strong billet stuff when you take ALL the weight out of the car. How long have you been racing this car? Any form of racing other than drag racing? Oh wait the 3.73s for for better gas mileage and the removed hood was for better cooling in that LA stop and go traffic.

You will crush Adam and anyone else on motorgen. Want to be fair race him in the Mustang like you did me.
So if you add slicks to your Vette it's now built for drag racing? I have a stock suspension Chevelle, how is that built for drag racing? The roll bar was installed because I had to. The car was too fast and I got kicked off the track. If you ran under an 11.50 you would have to install one too. Would that make your Vette a car built for drag racing? I don't think so.

Also, the Chevelle is a stock big block car. It's not like I added a big block to a small block car so I could go drag race it. You also mention not having a hood. The reason it doesn't have a hood is because I had a fiberglass one and it was cracked. When I started to restore the car I trashed the damaged hood because I was going to buy a new one. I haven't had the money to buy a new one so I drive it without one. And since you mentioned it, as a matter of fact it did run cooler without the hood on in traffic. However, it was quicker in the quarter with it on.

My point was that the suspension is not built for drag racing. It's just stock. I installed the 3.73's back around 1995 when the car was my daily driver. If I was going to build it strictly for drag racing the car would be a lot faster. I would install a 4.56 gear with a spool, a 4500 stall, Moroso drag spring front and rear, remove the power steering, install lexan windows and so on. Not to mention that I wouldn't have the little tiny cam I have now.

You also brought up the Cobra which is also not built for drag racing but it's gone 11.69 at 119.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
You guys smell that? That is the smell of testosterone and octane!!
No. That is the smell of Carlos. Wait, there the same thing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)