Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #11

I was actually surprised by that statement. It seams as though the Corvette name is almost it's own entity, separate from Chevrolet. Kinda like Ram and Dodge. And to be honest, it's about time GM steps up with the Camaro and shows us what it can do.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 09-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Listen carefully to what he says, he's being pretty careful about what he says in a lawyerly sort of way. It's something they can fart around with because this will be such a limited production special purpose Camaro and only the Z51 package is available so far for the new Vette. It'll be curious to see the reality of times this puts in vs. the Z51, but no way in hell a Camaro, even a special purpose one is going to be faster than a Corvette on the track when the full lineup of Corvettes is online for a given generation. That would be fucking with total brand strategy, and while a Camaro guy can pitch some spin to a submarket, the suits up the line aren't going to mess with a long standing formula.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
Internet Tough Guy

We will have to see what the z51 is good for. It can pull some serious lateral G considering the tires it has they are relatively small and hard. I honestly think both will be faster on a race course than a GTR with a decent driver. Anyways, not a bad time to be a car guy.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

I'd argue pretty safely I think that this is the best time ever to be a car guy really. Some aesthetic designs from the past had more swagger, but that's subjective. Objectively speaking everything is better as far as I know. By a loot. Hell, even over just the last 10 years there are big jumps in practically everything.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #15

Curious to see what the numbers are for the new Z07 (not Z06).

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

So I am frustrated by the naming convention used. The last few years you could get a Z06 with the carbon package sans the decals (effectively a LS7 power ZR1) and they would call it a Z06 with the Z07 package. Anyways, Z07 will be a 4.5 liter TT motor 600 hp.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
So I am frustrated by the naming convention used. The last few years you could get a Z06 with the carbon package sans the decals (effectively a LS7 power ZR1) and they would call it a Z06 with the Z07 package. Anyways, Z07 will be a 4.5 liter TT motor 600 hp.
Yeah, I was going pot post about what looks like a smaller displacement TT for the new ZO7. Interesting . . . if it's forged everything from the factor, could be a ridiculous tuners platform out of the box. . . for those who want more than 600bhp.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
Internet Tough Guy

Here is a another Z28 Vid from Jay Leno's Garage. I think this will be the same shocks on the Z07 and notice the 3.91 gear.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Internet Tough Guy

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=188130

The Z51 is faster than a GTR and slower than the Viper. This sets the state for the 2015 release of the z07 and the next generation GTR.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Looks like next Gen GT-R is going to be some kind of hybrid.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)