Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Must resist the urge to mod!

I read a great article in 5.0 Magazine about the Ford Racing Cobra Jet intake for the Coyote. Guys are getting pretty close to 500 rwhp with it NA. I have a huge itch to get one some shorty headers and a X pipe with no cats. I think 450 rwhp would be the goal. Fortunately (or unfortunately for the Chevy haters) the Corvette is eating all my budget right now.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

It's amazing how much is on the table with just a retune with a Coyote. I think Ray was saying something like 20+WHP for nothing but some not so extreme tuning AIR.

I have essentially no car budget. But one day I will.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Give in, the Coyote is one bad engine!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Baselines:

Roval: 2:01
1/8 (@ Qualcom): 9.0@88
Autocross: 47.6 ~2sec behind the lead car

The frustrating this about this pig-fucker is that it's not my Corvette (Mustang fanboy's please get over it). Every time I take it out I tell myself "I'd be smoking all these bitches if I had my vette".

Plan of action (Corvette): Get the Vette on the track. I need to get new harnesses since mine have expired. Have one rim repaired (damaged it last time out). I'm also getting the car retuned since I had issues with the last tune, and I'm installing the LG Motorsports TPMS delete (I blame TMPS and traction control with my last couple of spins).

Plan of action (Mustang): Drag racing (shooting for tens with a power-adder) Looking at the Hellion TT kit or the Ford racing SC. In the short term (Sept) I will be installing a X pipe with no cats, a custom tune, and SVE lower control arms. After that I'm going to install the FR Intake and TB with a JLT intake if it looks like I will be able to make room in my finances for the Hellion kit. If not then I will pass on the intake and TB and go straight to the FR SC.

Looking to deep in the tens. Really want the TT kit because I think that 9's would be possible with chassis upgrades.

What do you guys think about the plan for the Mustang? There are some supports that I didnt list because they will be upgraded when needed (Fuel and Clutch).
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Doesn't the FRSC kit maintAin the Ford warranty? Don't know about the other kit. Might be something to consider. If you don't care about that then the TT sOunds cooler to me. Everyone has a SC.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Internet Tough Guy

The ford kit does maintain the warranty. It's good for 11's maybe 10's his you go with all the way with gears and LTs. The TT kit fucks the warranty. Zero fucks are given. As long as I can get past emissions.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Internet Tough Guy

I'm surprised that the Hellion single turbo kit is $6500 complete with intercooler and fuel. It even has a baseline tune.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Fast & Filthy

The only company I know of that has a 50 state legal turbo kit is Turbonetics but it's for the '05-'09 cars. If someone does make one though I would still suggest the supercharger over the turbo for your car. If you had an auto then I'd go with a turbo but not with the stick. My buddy went from a Magnacharger to twin turbos on his GTO and even though he's making more power the car is not as quick. He does turn a higher MPH though.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The ford kit does maintain the warranty. It's good for 11's maybe 10's his you go with all the way with gears and LTs. The TT kit fucks the warranty. Zero fucks are given. As long as I can get past emissions.
>0 fucks may be given in the event of blowing up your engine. . . which, err, happens.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Internet Tough Guy

Ben, I've had my share of blown motors. As long as it doesn't happen right away I would probably look at it as a opportunity to build up.

Ron, your right an SC would probably be better since its a stick car. I'm worried that the FR blower will not be enough to get the car in the tens though. Maybe I will go with a bigger blower. The hellion kit will pas the sniffer test with catalyc converters installed. It will not pass visual. I just need to get past AZ emissions which would not have visual. Hellion does have ball bearing upgraded turbos, still not enough to make up the difference.

I did read up on the new procharger variable transmission SC. It offers full boost off the line. It is super fucking expensive though.