Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #11
Fast & Filthy

Thanks. You are the first Motorgen member to go for a ride in it. How's it compare to your Typhoon?
Old 08-08-2015, 11:50 PM   #12

Well, want to trade?

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #13
Fast & Filthy

It's been a long time since I've updated anything so today is the day. After rebuilding the trans myself it worked for a while. One day when I left my house I shifted from 1st to 2nd but the trans was still in 1st. The next time I cam to a stop it shifted fine again as it did the rest of the time I drove it that day. A few days later it did it again once. After that it started to happen more and more until it got to the point where it wouldn't shift into 2nd at all. I pulled the trans apart and everything looked good. I talked online to a few transmission folks and sent them video of things they wanted me to test but no one could figure out why it was doing it.

So until I can afford to have the trans gone through by a shop I picked up a stock trans and installed it. I shifts okay from 1st to 2nd but 2nd to 3rd is crap. But it's driveable so I don' care. I won't be racing it until I get the other trans built anyways.

I've done a little cleanup on the interior as well. I made some end caps for the aluminum dash I made a long time ago. I also decided to wire the lights up to a couple toggle switches with the headlight going through a relay. The final thing I did was moved the fuel gauge from a gauge pod and installed it in line with the other gauges in the dash and added dual USB ports with voltage gauge. The voltage doesn't read correct but at least I can charge my phone and camera battery when I can finally take it racing again. The voltage is only off by 0.2 volts when the car isn't running but it's off by 4-5 volts when it's running.

Picture from before adding the switches and end. You can see in the bottom of the picture where I used to have the factory light switch mounted.

For the engine bay I made a couple of block-off plates for the heater/blower motor.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:06 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Mad Max!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)