Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Things I might do this year

I've been in the trenches since the downturn, being careful, dodging bullets, etc., and things are finally starting to look relatively up. I'm not going to go nuts, but some things I would enjoy doing on the Vette reasonably within the next 12 months or so:

First, gotta fix my clutch shifting issue. It's not "terrible" but I can't really drive in a spirited fashion predictably. Not a big cost. Hope to sort out the root cause in the next month or two, before ACH.

After this, probably Summer to Fall, have Jammer98 fab up some hybrid Tri-Y/Long Tube headers and exhaust. Have to update my trans mount/cross brace to make more room for a better flowing exhaust as I still have the original 2-1-2. Then a re-tune, probably with Cunningham as he seems to be the best LS guy around. All this is maybe in the $2,500~. The decision here is whether I want to install the titanium valves I have, maybe new set of rockers, and possibly even lifters and slightly thicker HG before the tune. This would maybe be another $1,000-$2,000 At this point, fairly rough guessing considering current WHP is 390 and I have a ton of back pressure and a stock valve train other than springs is 430whp~ reliably on 91 octane, no more Torco.

I think this would be plenty motor for what I do, especially if I don't improve traction. As it is I cannot get on it terribly hard "off the line" without annihilating my 255 Nitto 450s.

The above is pretty reasonable.

From here I would like to pursue a Guldstrand 5 Link at Dick's Shop while he's still around. With the 5 Link I could put on 10" wheels (possibly more). It's much lighter than the SA IRS and solves the colorful toe problems that come with the short trailing arm suspension. This is like $3k installed at least now.

Wilwood now has a system for C3s I hear. 14" rotors up front, aluminum calipers would massively reduce unsprung weight and increase stopping force. Couple thousand at least.

Bigger mag wheels and stickier rubber. Couple G.

Adjustable front SLA suspension and lighter anti-sway bar.

From here, I would have a C3 at around 3,000lbs full wet (I'm 3,100 now with heavy shit all over) at around 430WHP, ok balance and center of gravity, etc.. A hoot of a driver's street driver's car.

Then make it prettier.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

I'd like to drive one of my cars this year
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

I like your list Ben.

Guy, you can fix yours and drive them, you just have to find the time and motivation.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I like your list Ben.

Guy, you can fix yours and drive them, you just have to find the time and motivation.
Motivation I have, time, not so much

I'll be using my entire spring break to tear apart and fix all the shit that's fucked up with the truck. IF I have time, i'll fuck with the stangs.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

Let me know about the rubber I got some old toyo's I will never use.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 04-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Let me know about the rubber I got some old toyo's I will never use.
Cool. Are they 18s or 19s? I don't think I want to go to 20, but I want to be able to get the biggest rotor I can under the wheel, so leaning towards 19s

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)