Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #121
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeeezer View Post
This beyond rediculous ! This is a case of classic cyber stalking by anyone with any common sense can see . I thought name calling was prohibited ?

geeeezer
http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994

Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #122

What's really interesting is the following.

Several people have been members of CorvetteForum since almost the beginning. Myself, I have been a member there since early 2000. I didn't own a corvette then but my brother did and I enjoyed reading and the occasional post. I never got into a fight there in all those years. The same holds true for many others. They have been active on CF for up to 7 or 8 years without incident and then you join and all hell breaks loose. The first day you joined I and many others thought "who the hell is this guy, responding to every thread". Simply looking at the thread index and you saw last post by "Durango_Boy" on the entire first page of the listing. I can see how that upset some people, it did upset me too as the information provided was frequently erroneous, or in fact plain bull crap.

Now, I know you love to play the innocent little guy who gets bullied. However, how do you explain that you sent PMs to other members on CF warning them about me, and how I was the same person as my brother Twin_Turbo, how you somehow knew we used the same IP address on occasion (which is true) and you also had intimate knowledge of my and my brothers CF activity, in respect to when either of us was online or not. In fact, me and my brother were called upon it by several moderators when we were visiting the states this year, driving down R66 we got harassed by 3 moderators for having the identical IP address. This was of course no surprise, since it was the same laptop connected to the same hotel wireless connection.

So you feel it is your right to start spreading rumors about us and insinuating that in fact Twin_Turbo was posing as V-Twin (me) and using it to start crap on the forum. Sure, he created a 2nd account in 2000 just to let it lie dormant until that glorious day in 2006 or whenever you joined, only to resurrect it to haunt you, oh poor mistreated one.
To explain the reason why I became sort of active after all those years, it's simple. I bought a 77 corvette.

Also, your minions started to plaster my profile page on CF with mindless dribble after you saw the picture of the 2 of us in the states, comments like gee there's 2 of them and they are not cyclops' and other rubbish to that extent.

As for the erroneous comments, it was you who wrote that about the flexplate. Someone came to your rescue by saying that in some cars the flywheel and flexplate are used together. In those cars the flywheel bolts to the flexplate, which is retained for use as a starter gear. Sure, but not in a corvette.

The same with the spring shortening. Who was it who proposed hammering the spring? You did. Someone came forth with the practice of peening a compressed spring to set the crystalline structure and thus to shorten it's length by fixing the compressed windings. All nice and dandy but that wasn't what you meant, but it provided yet another sleazy way of backing out of a tight squeeze where you were about to be proven a BS artist once more.

Then there was the hydrobooster install. First there was the issue with the return line, which in fact is not a normal gas or fluid connector thread, it's a bolt thread.
Secondly, the issue with the line flaring. You told someone to flare a power steering valve line. I told that it was not possible to flare such a short line after cutting and that for use with AN/JIC hardware you needed a special 37 double flare tool. You then said you meant to say take the line to a shop. I then said that was BS because you could have the shop fab up a whole new line, no need to reuse the old. Then it became clear that the proposed intent for this line was to hook up a hydrobooster return line. A very dangerous proposition, upsetting the hydraulics on a steering system like that can have dire consequences.

I won't even start about your professional engine building qualities. Who was it who had built a bunch of excellent performing sbc engines but had never seen the rear deck oil plug for the diagonally drilled main oil gallery, the one that intersects the vertical one with the hidden plug? Kind of weird as every GM SBC casting has that very plug. Sucks when you have the heads back on. However, it's not too strange considering you go seeking advise elsewhere, on every forum known to man, only to return to CF with your newly gained knowledge and making it seem as you are an experienced builder. No wonder mistakes slip in. I feel for the poor sap who will eventually contact you as a follow up on your craigslist ad for an engine build, or maybe he won't get an engine at all, like the guy who never got his heads.

How about aligning the pulleys by moving the harmonic balancer in and out? That was a good one too. Or what about the .3" overbore? you must have a very thick walled block for that kind of oversize. Incredible!

These are the examples I can come up with off the top of my head. your stealing of copyrighted materials, interfering in auctions, for sale threads and the spreading of a hydrobooster install paper with the sole intent of selling hydroboosters and firewall plates has been covered by others here.

One other thing concerning the HB, how many times have you actually installed on? I'm willing to bet none. What you merely did was scrape up all the info you could find, the majority provided by guys like Norval Wilhelm and others who had done the swap and assemble your "paper" as a means of providing evidence to support your "guru" status.

You also feel you are a sort of Corvette forum authority and community saint. Feeling the need to post thank you threads with the sole intent of reaping praise, which obviously turns you on. it's like watching Jim Jones and his worshipers all over again.

You even sent me a PM thanking me for helping others on CF. I told you then, I don't need you to thank me. Who do you think you are feeling the need to play the forum goodie 2 shoes there and having the right to thank me in the name of all other members. You have a bloated ego, that's what it is.

Frankly, the CF was much better off without you. That place was a wealth of info. Right now it's not even a shadow of it's former self. With moderators who have been a member for maybe 2 or 3 years and who wouldn't know a lugnut from a water pump.

Why do you think the common knowledge base there left? Because of people like me or people like you? I was on the forum since 1999, others too. Fact is, the large exodus started after you joined, not us.

You are an evil internet attention whore who for some to me unknown reason can quickly put a spell on people with your magic internet fairy dust. CF is a lost cause, that place is down the drain. You ruined it for all of us. And that is exactly the reason why so many of us are so disgruntled. We put our souls into that place, we gave a lot of info, tried to help others and it was taken away from us. You say we never help people. Who do you think answered all those questions before you came and felt the need to answer each and every post? There had to be someone answering them, or maybe they had only 0 reply threads?

Another thing is the X mas thread. We had that for years, it all worked fine. Then you felt the need to show off your omnipotence and start the thread last year instead of who started it usually (I think it was buddy) and what did you do? You d-boyverized the thread by including xmas wishes. What happened, sure enough it was violated. Instead of having a thread in the x-mas spirit of giving it ended up being a noobs requesting outrageous stuff thread. That left such a foul taste in my mouth that I (and others) didn't offer anything up for grabs. Mind you, my brother offered stuff up every year. He offered hundreds of dollars worth of parts and even covered shipping on all of it. One year it cost him almost 500$ in shipping alone. Did he care? No, but you know, us being the selfish evil scumbags you make us out to be, we were only out to nail you and we were the ones who ruined that very thread.

I was banned because I changed my avatar to this. Now, what would be the relation between you, this picture and the reason of me getting banned?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/imag...604&type=thumb

I'm not too worried about having been banned, I don't need the info from CF anyway, not that there is any worthwhile tech info being posted there anymore. I can handle anything and everything fine myself. The real losers, and they may not even realize it, are the other members who have to make due with your BS advice and help now.

You don't even know what it took to make the C3 section what it was before you joined. What it took to get it as organized as it was with a C3 General and Tech section.

Instead you marched in and claimed everything you saw as yours. You ruined a pleasant experience/pass time for many of us. We aren't the problem here, you are. And if we disgust you, realize that we have become what you made us become. We should in fact applaud you for single handedly ruining an entire forum. An internet feat not easily surpassed, if it ever will be.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
A point well made and taken ! Thank you

Old 12-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #124
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeeezer View Post
A point well made and taken ! Thank you
I appreciate your understanding.

There is alot of ranting, sure, and I understand that. Fact is, alot of these "truiths" were constantly erased at CF by the new owners. A Disneyland white wash if you will. The chance to finally present "our" side is too golden an oppertunity to pass up.
The good members will have to decide for themselves. I fully intend on participating here as best I can, but will not hesitate to point out bogus answers, whomever posts them. Seperating the truith from the facts can be a challenge to novices, and pros alike. I only anwser questions i KNOW, and pass on the rest. If an opinion or guess is asked for, I will QUALIFY it as such.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #125
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Twin View Post
What's really interesting is the following.

Several people have been members of CorvetteForum since almost the beginning. Myself, I have been a member there since early 2000. I didn't own a corvette then but my brother did and I enjoyed reading and the occasional post. I never got into a fight there in all those years. The same holds true for many others. They have been active on CF for up to 7 or 8 years without incident and then you join and all hell breaks loose. The first day you joined I and many others thought "who the hell is this guy, responding to every thread". Simply looking at the thread index and you saw last post by "Durango_Boy" on the entire first page of the listing. I can see how that upset some people, it did upset me too as the information provided was frequently erroneous, or in fact plain bull crap.

Now, I know you love to play the innocent little guy who gets bullied. However, how do you explain that you sent PMs to other members on CF warning them about me, and how I was the same person as my brother Twin_Turbo, how you somehow knew we used the same IP address on occasion (which is true) and you also had intimate knowledge of my and my brothers CF activity, in respect to when either of us was online or not. In fact, me and my brother were called upon it by several moderators when we were visiting the states this year, driving down R66 we got harassed by 3 moderators for having the identical IP address. This was of course no surprise, since it was the same laptop connected to the same hotel wireless connection.

So you feel it is your right to start spreading rumors about us and insinuating that in fact Twin_Turbo was posing as V-Twin (me) and using it to start crap on the forum. Sure, he created a 2nd account in 2000 just to let it lie dormant until that glorious day in 2006 or whenever you joined, only to resurrect it to haunt you, oh poor mistreated one.
To explain the reason why I became sort of active after all those years, it's simple. I bought a 77 corvette.

Also, your minions started to plaster my profile page on CF with mindless dribble after you saw the picture of the 2 of us in the states, comments like gee there's 2 of them and they are not cyclops' and other rubbish to that extent.

As for the erroneous comments, it was you who wrote that about the flexplate. Someone came to your rescue by saying that in some cars the flywheel and flexplate are used together. In those cars the flywheel bolts to the flexplate, which is retained for use as a starter gear. Sure, but not in a corvette.

The same with the spring shortening. Who was it who proposed hammering the spring? You did. Someone came forth with the practice of peening a compressed spring to set the crystalline structure and thus to shorten it's length by fixing the compressed windings. All nice and dandy but that wasn't what you meant, but it provided yet another sleazy way of backing out of a tight squeeze where you were about to be proven a BS artist once more.

Then there was the hydrobooster install. First there was the issue with the return line, which in fact is not a normal gas or fluid connector thread, it's a bolt thread.
Secondly, the issue with the line flaring. You told someone to flare a power steering valve line. I told that it was not possible to flare such a short line after cutting and that for use with AN/JIC hardware you needed a special 37 double flare tool. You then said you meant to say take the line to a shop. I then said that was BS because you could have the shop fab up a whole new line, no need to reuse the old. Then it became clear that the proposed intent for this line was to hook up a hydrobooster return line. A very dangerous proposition, upsetting the hydraulics on a steering system like that can have dire consequences.

I won't even start about your professional engine building qualities. Who was it who had built a bunch of excellent performing sbc engines but had never seen the rear deck oil plug for the diagonally drilled main oil gallery, the one that intersects the vertical one with the hidden plug? Kind of weird as every GM SBC casting has that very plug. Sucks when you have the heads back on. However, it's not too strange considering you go seeking advise elsewhere, on every forum known to man, only to return to CF with your newly gained knowledge and making it seem as you are an experienced builder. No wonder mistakes slip in. I feel for the poor sap who will eventually contact you as a follow up on your craigslist ad for an engine build, or maybe he won't get an engine at all, like the guy who never got his heads.

How about aligning the pulleys by moving the harmonic balancer in and out? That was a good one too. Or what about the .3" overbore? you must have a very thick walled block for that kind of oversize. Incredible!

These are the examples I can come up with off the top of my head. your stealing of copyrighted materials, interfering in auctions, for sale threads and the spreading of a hydrobooster install paper with the sole intent of selling hydroboosters and firewall plates has been covered by others here.

One other thing concerning the HB, how many times have you actually installed on? I'm willing to bet none. What you merely did was scrape up all the info you could find, the majority provided by guys like Norval Wilhelm and others who had done the swap and assemble your "paper" as a means of providing evidence to support your "guru" status.

You also feel you are a sort of Corvette forum authority and community saint. Feeling the need to post thank you threads with the sole intent of reaping praise, which obviously turns you on. it's like watching Jim Jones and his worshipers all over again.

You even sent me a PM thanking me for helping others on CF. I told you then, I don't need you to thank me. Who do you think you are feeling the need to play the forum goodie 2 shoes there and having the right to thank me in the name of all other members. You have a bloated ego, that's what it is.

Frankly, the CF was much better off without you. That place was a wealth of info. Right now it's not even a shadow of it's former self. With moderators who have been a member for maybe 2 or 3 years and who wouldn't know a lugnut from a water pump.

Why do you think the common knowledge base there left? Because of people like me or people like you? I was on the forum since 1999, others too. Fact is, the large exodus started after you joined, not us.

You are an evil internet attention whore who for some to me unknown reason can quickly put a spell on people with your magic internet fairy dust. CF is a lost cause, that place is down the drain. You ruined it for all of us. And that is exactly the reason why so many of us are so disgruntled. We put our souls into that place, we gave a lot of info, tried to help others and it was taken away from us. You say we never help people. Who do you think answered all those questions before you came and felt the need to answer each and every post? There had to be someone answering them, or maybe they had only 0 reply threads?

Another thing is the X mas thread. We had that for years, it all worked fine. Then you felt the need to show off your omnipotence and start the thread last year instead of who started it usually (I think it was buddy) and what did you do? You d-boyverized the thread by including xmas wishes. What happened, sure enough it was violated. Instead of having a thread in the x-mas spirit of giving it ended up being a noobs requesting outrageous stuff thread. That left such a foul taste in my mouth that I (and others) didn't offer anything up for grabs. Mind you, my brother offered stuff up every year. He offered hundreds of dollars worth of parts and even covered shipping on all of it. One year it cost him almost 500$ in shipping alone. Did he care? No, but you know, us being the selfish evil scumbags you make us out to be, we were only out to nail you and we were the ones who ruined that very thread.

I was banned because I changed my avatar to this. Now, what would be the relation between you, this picture and the reason of me getting banned?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/imag...604&type=thumb

I'm not too worried about having been banned, I don't need the info from CF anyway, not that there is any worthwhile tech info being posted there anymore. I can handle anything and everything fine myself. The real losers, and they may not even realize it, are the other members who have to make due with your BS advice and help now.

You don't even know what it took to make the C3 section what it was before you joined. What it took to get it as organized as it was with a C3 General and Tech section.

Instead you marched in and claimed everything you saw as yours. You ruined a pleasant experience/pass time for many of us. We aren't the problem here, you are. And if we disgust you, realize that we have become what you made us become. We should in fact applaud you for single handedly ruining an entire forum. An internet feat not easily surpassed, if it ever will be.

That's the most I've seen you type in all the time I've been on the Forums. Having met both you and your brother (TT) I've got to say it was a pleasure to meet you both. You guys have been top notch in all you have put out on these forums.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
That's the most I've seen you type in all the time I've been on the Forums. Having met both you and your brother (TT) I've got to say it was a pleasure to meet you both. You guys have been top notch in all you have put out on these forums.
WOW!!! is all I can say. V-Twin summed it all up in one post. An outstanding job of explaining the position we are in in an honest and truthful post. I am simply awed. Didn't know he had it in him

Dep

Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #127

V-Twin summed it up

I too had the pleasure to meet both of the twins in person. Great guys and a lot of fun as well as a wealth of knowledge when it comes to cars.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #128
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
No, I'm very sure that wasn't me. I stay out of clutch threads.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1560026150-post2.html

I'm VERY sure it was.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1560029781-post23.html

Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #129
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
Dare I ask what someone posted that would get someone killed, that was given as gospel? Enlighten us.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...edal-help.html

Here ya go.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #130
Power's off.

Only 19,998 to go. How's the server space here?