Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #101

Thats a nicer kit than I got!

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #102
Fast & Filthy

The one I bought was made by Trans Dapt. Summit had one that was their own brand that was $25 cheaper and it came with hose clamps but I didn't trust a hose clamp with supplying my engine with oil. When I added an external oil cooler to the Cobra I used AN fittings instead of hose clamps too. It cost me about $50 more than it would have if I had just used hose clamps but I don't have to worry about a clamp coming loose.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #103
pain's fun, hit me again

I would never use hose clamps for engine oil, or any type of oil for that matter.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #104
Fast & Filthy

The stock external transmission cooler on the Explorer came from Ford with hose clamps and I'm going to use it on mine.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #105

I just doubled up on the hose clamps and didnt have anymore issues.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 12-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #106
Fast & Filthy

No pictures today because I didn't have much time to work on it. I did manage to bolt the torque converter tot the flexplate, connect all the harnesses for the trans, install the shift linkage, install the starter and fix some corroded wiring. I also found that's it's so much easier to install the starter without all the IFS crap in the way.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #107
Fast & Filthy

Got more done today. I finished installing the injectors, upper intake, egr and sensors, and the TB. I also installed the drivers side accessories so I could see how much room I was going to have for the power steering lines and mock up lines to be made. I will only have to have a high pressure line made because I was able to cut and bend the low pressure line. Tomorrow I'll go to The Hose Man and have the line made.

Getting closer.

Here's the mocked up high pressure line. It's the one with the hose clamps on it.

The green arrows point to the low pressure hose and hard line and the yellow arrow points to the high side line that I bent to crap fitting it where I wanted.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #108
pain's fun, hit me again

You should have told me the intake was going to be black, i would have powdercoated it while i had it. Are you keeping the a/c? And if so when do you want me to charge it?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #109
Fast & Filthy

Yes, I'm keeping the AC. Once I have it running I will still need to wire the blower motor before doing the AC. Eric's truck had climate control and mine doesn't so his has more wires for the blower motor than mine. Once I figure out the wiring and have it all working I get with you to charge the system. I want to get it BAR certified first, then do the transfercase and then move on to the blower motor. But I have to get it running frist, lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #110
pain's fun, hit me again

Just let me know when so i can track down some r12

Stopping the world!