Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Ford Extended Warranty

So, yesterday our warranty card arrived for the Edge. I put it in my purse and thought nothing of it. This morning, I took it out to take it off the paper and put in the wallet.

At the bottom of the car it reads "$100 deductible applies." Just about 2 days ago I was asking Seanplunk, "Hey, is there any deductibles or things that resemble a co-pay if you have a warranty issue?" Both of us agreed that no there shouldn't be.

Long behold, I get this card and in plain site my question was confirmed. Yup, there is a deductible. So I called the dealership where we purchased the warranty from and inquired about it.

Yes in fact it's true and the $100 deductible applies for each visit no matter how many issues you have.

This sounds kinda lame.....is this pretty typical for a warranty/extended warranty? I've never heard of such a thing. I just thought you bring in the car and vwola, it's fixed. We've never had a car with a warranty so this is all new to us. Please help.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
So, yesterday our warranty card arrived for the Edge. I put it in my purse and thought nothing of it. This morning, I took it out to take it off the paper and put in the wallet.

At the bottom of the car it reads "$100 deductible applies." Just about 2 days ago I was asking Seanplunk, "Hey, is there any deductibles or things that resemble a co-pay if you have a warranty issue?" Both of us agreed that no there shouldn't be.

Long behold, I get this card and in plain site my question was confirmed. Yup, there is a deductible. So I called the dealership where we purchased the warranty from and inquired about it.

Yes in fact it's true and the $100 deductible applies for each visit no matter how many issues you have.

This sounds kinda lame.....is this pretty typical for a warranty/extended warranty? I've never heard of such a thing. I just thought you bring in the car and vwola, it's fixed. We've never had a car with a warranty so this is all new to us. Please help.

It is typical, although you can buy warranties without a deductible - they just cost more. If you really make enough noise they may waive the deductible anyway.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #3

Uh, then why didn't you make noise about that earlier lil-booger. I'm look'n like the ding dong now.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Uh, then why didn't you make noise about that earlier lil-booger. I'm look'n like the ding dong now.
"lil-booger" ----
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
"lil-booger" ----
I've only bought 2 cars (94 T-Bird and 95 Explorer) from dealers both used and both had warranties without deductibles.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #6

The extended warranty for my Explorer has a deductible as well...I think it's only $50 per visit though.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #7

50$ deductible on the cobra's warranty also. Fairly standard, afaik. Moms focus has one too.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
50$ deductible on the cobra's warranty also. Fairly standard, afaik. Moms focus has one too.

Wow the things you find out when owning a newer car. Times have changed. :P I just assumed it would be covered at 100%.