Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Twin Turbo GTO 550rwhp

Guys, my buddy is going to be leaving next week for Afganistan to server for another year and wants to sell his GTO while he is deployed. It is a 2003 with the 5.7 and has twin turbos. It made 550rwhp on 9psi. I believe the turbo system is APS but I don't remember. I'll have to get more info from him later because I talked to his wife about it. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Ron
Old 05-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Guys, my buddy is going to be leaving next week for Afganistan to server for another year and wants to sell his GTO while he is deployed. It is a 2003 with the 5.7 and has twin turbos. It made 550rwhp on 9psi. I believe the turbo system is APS but I don't remember. I'll have to get more info from him later because I talked to his wife about it. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Ron
I doubt he's got the cash for it now, but Sean's little brother with the Turbo Buick has had some interest in GTOs.

Sean?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #3

How much for this car??
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrtive View Post
How much for this car??
First, its a Red 04 M6 74,000mi .. It has an APS twin kit with a 3BAR tune and the APS duel pump in tank fuel system using the factory line as a return. The engine has all factory parts, 317 LQ9 heads w/LS6 springs and cam. the set-up is mild but still makes 550 at the wheels on 9 psi. The gates have 15 psi springs and APS advertised the kit to be able to breath to 1000HP. I am running a LS7 clutch that has a factory feel. The car is well taken care of. Clean in and out. there are a few flaws, but its best to see it in person. I can post some pictures tomorrow if you want. As far as price, I will be asking $13,000 as is. meaning NO California SMOG. I was planning to remove the turbos and have the factory CATs matted to a turbo flange so all I would have to do is plug in the factory MAP and intake w/MAF and run it down to the smog station but with me leaving its not going to happen. Smog is due in SEP, the wife looses her lease in Jan so she will have to drive it until I get back. So I sell the car and buy something she can drive or have Ron pull the turbos off and put it back stock after I leave. He volunteered, Lots of work Ron

let me know if you have any Questions or PM me with a # and a time to call.

Brendan
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I'll ask my brother tomorrow. It's a hell of a deal. Post pics and shoot me your phone number in a PM if you don't mind.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'll ask my brother tomorrow. It's a hell of a deal. . .
It sure is. Just what the world needs, a Brian Plunkett with a 550 WHP Turbo GTO. . I'm skiird, real skiird.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Just an FYI, this car rides great too. My wife is always giving me a hard time because Brendan's GTO makes more power than the Cobra and it rides so much nicer. She only rode in it once and that's all it took. Plus, if I remember correctly it trapped 128mph the last time he ran it at Fontana.

Last edited by 94cobra69ss396 : 05-13-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

PM Sent. I have a friend at work who might be interested.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #9

pics..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg car1.JPG (27.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg car2.JPG (36.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg car3.JPG (33.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg engine.JPG (37.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg inter.JPG (32.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #10

Don't mind the dirty engine or drivers floor mat, just to busy to detail the car. As you can see, the engine compartment looks OEM. the kit is a low mount, you can just make out the intake and turbo on the Passenger side. The factory air cleaner is gutted and covers the blow off valve. the black cover above the Drivers side coil cover is for the fuel pressure regulator. other small details that other GTO owners don't even pick up on makes it a great sleeper. The 04 GTO only had a drivers side exhaust exit, I kept the look, the exhaust tip on the drivers side fills the factory duel tip opening, but the car has a duel 3 inch exhaust with the passenger side exit tucked up just inside the rear fascia. as far as sound, its just a little louder than stock. the gauges on the pillar are wide band 02 and oil pressure to the turbos. Boost and fuel pressure gauges in the center mount. other than that its all Pontiac/Holden.