Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Commercials that piss me off: Legal Options & Sit N Sleep

"We'll beat any advertised price or your mattress is freeeeee!"

OK, we'll is a compound word, meaning we will. Not we have, but we will. So they're mattress prices aren't necessarily lower already, but they WILL beat the lowest ADVERTISED price, presumably by at least a penny. Okay, fine.

Now let's look at the second clause. OR, your mattress is free. Or being the key word here. So they have given themselves the option of either beating a lower price, or giving the item away for free. Why would they ever, EVER, give the mattress away for free? When all they simply have to do is undercut the lower price by one cent. It's stupid and it pisses me off. I will never shop at Sit N Sleep simply because this commercial is so f*cuking retarded.

There is this Legal Options commercial where there are these two black guys on a basketball court. One of the guys walks up with a limp, the other asks him "What's up with yo game?" To which he replies "No game today, I blew my knee out at work." Then he asks "What you do about it?" ...What you do about it? This is what he says, it's embarrassing. What is the world coming to? This is now acceptable grammar for a tv commercial, are you kidding me?! "What you do about it?!" I want to punch the guy in the face. What ARE you going to do about it? Seriously!

Sorry, needed to vent.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I hate the Robbins Brothers commercials the worst - sooooo f-ing annoying
Old 05-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I hate the Robbins Brothers commercials the worst - sooooo f-ing annoying
Yes! I always change the station when they come on. Those guys sound so queer.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

1) caveat emptor

2) You're being culturally insensitive.

What commercials piss me off? So glad you asked. How about the ones that exploit children, drawing parallels to "global climate change" and a ticking time bomb or freight train out of control. That gets the official "are you kidding me" from me. I immediately go do doughnuts every time I see it. Ok, no I don't, but that is how I feel.

(Note the subtle change in political language in the last couple years, ever so carefully away from global warming to climate change; that fuc*ing narrows it down.)

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Yes! I always change the station when they come on. Those guys sound so queer.
I thought you supported gay marriage.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I thought you supported gay marriage.
Haha, I do! I don't really care about gays either way, but from an objective standpoint I see no reason to ban gay marriage or call it something other than marriage.

In the words of Dave Chapelle "Gay sex is gross, I'm sorry, but I find it to be gross! ...Except between two women."
Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Haha, I do! I don't really care about gays either way, but from an objective standpoint I see no reason to ban gay marriage or call it something other than marriage.

In the words of Dave Chapelle "Gay sex is gross, I'm sorry, but I find it to be gross! ...Except between two women."
I think we covered this pretty thoroughly. I was attempting humor . . . fail.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I think we covered this pretty thoroughly. I was attempting humor . . . fail.
Typing humor is hard, even with smilies.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Typing humor is hard, even with smilies.

Especially when you're writing to people who took the short bus to school . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Graphics B*tch

Commerials I hate...Carl's Jr. I would never want to eat anything that I knew got all over the place. Wait, let me rephrase that. I would never eat food that I knew got all over the place.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten