Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Saw my first GT-R in person today

So I was out shopping with the wife for more Hello Kitty stuff as she's currently obsessed, and there it was, a GT-R parked all by its lonesome at South Coast Plaza. I've got to say I was a little ambivalent about its appearance in pictures, but in person it cuts a pretty striking figure. I think it actually looks pretty cool and different than all the other pretty shapes that sports cars have.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

I agree. I know I hate on the GTR like it's my profession, but I think pictures don't do it justice. Still fat and slow though.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I agree. I know I hate on the GTR like it's my profession, but I think pictures don't do it justice. Still fat and slow though.
I think I actually see a compliment in there somewhere

I saw one on the 91 freeway last week and it's not bad in person. I'd much rather have a C6 ZO6 though. I also saw a white V6 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and it was actually pretty good looking in person.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . . I also saw a white V6 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and it was actually pretty good looking in person.
The Genesis looks pretty damn good in pics. The GT-R (to me) doesn't quite come off in pics, but actually looks impressive in person.

BADASS, I'm not so sure I'd call the GT-R "slow" as much as I'd call BS on some of its extraordinary claims. There was a fascinating article (I think in Automobile) where one of their authors drove a GT2 and GT-R at the Ring on the Same day. He's not a professional race drive. However he was able to drive the GT2 faster and his basic conclusion was,
1) It's easy to see where a better drive could have gotten a lot more time out of the GT2
2) He was pretty skeptical about getting the extra 20+ seconds out of the GT-R from the time he put down to the time Nissan claims.

Fact, an engineer has driven the ZR1 into the low 7'20s. That car is simply mind boggling. All the more, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear, a life long Corvette hater as far as I can tell, has warmed up a lot to the in recent years and named the ZR1 car of the year. That's astounding.

Anyway, back to the GT-R. If I were drowning in cash I'd be happy to have one. I'm sure the driving experience is unique.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)