Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
either way dont act like u guys arent gonna watch this film lol
Sure. But I'm gonna deny it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #22
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sure. But I'm gonna deny it.
I saw the first one only. I had no desire to see anymore. But if Vin is in the next one I'll have to rent it for Jiggles. Then I'll watch it with her because she'll be naked.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
You're funny. I don't think there is a meaningful internal loss for gas at the commercial level, so it's not as relevant as other retail businesses. However, in their case I imagine the retail outlet *may* have to eat the markup from the refinery depending on their market. Anyway, maybe you eat the cost, or maybe its some nice little mom and pop service station . . . it ain't "big oil" if it's the idea of piracy that excites you.

Actually, this kind of piracy and black market activity is endemic to festering 3rd world shit holes. Ironically, many are propagandized and deluded into believing this is the consequence of poverty when in fact it is one of the main propagators thereof.
How would the franchise be responsible for the loss before taking delivery? Realistically the insurance company would eat it, either the oil's insurance company or the trucking insurance company. Assuming the oil companies hired someone to transport it rather than funding their own transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I saw the first one only. I had no desire to see anymore. But if Vin is in the next one I'll have to rent it for Jiggles. Then I'll watch it with her because she'll be naked.
You bastard. I'm all alone... where's my vaseline?!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
How would the franchise be responsible for the loss before taking delivery? Realistically the insurance company would eat it, either the oil's insurance company or the trucking insurance company. Assuming the oil companies hired someone to transport it rather than funding their own transport. . .
You're scaring me. Let's see. Insurance claims increase rates. Rates are an expense factored into operations . . . see where this is going. In fact insurance is a great example, thank you. You're paying for a LOT OF INSURANCE FRAUD. In fact, this is one of the few things Schwarzenegger has done well, reforming and cracking down on CA state Worker's Comp Fraud.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
You're scaring me. Let's see. Insurance claims increase rates. Rates are an expense factored into operations . . . see where this is going. In fact insurance is a great example, thank you. You're paying for a LOT OF INSURANCE FRAUD. In fact, this is one of the few things Schwarzenegger has done well, reforming and cracking down on CA state Worker's Comp Fraud.
Now you're scaring me Ben, you're really reaching for it. Are you above defeat?

Insurance rates are for the most part static. You can't factor in a slight rate change when were talking about passing millions of dollars of theft onto the consumer. If the rates increased that much, there would be no need for insurance. And once again, regardless of whether or not the rates increased, gas stations must compete. Trying to pass the cost on to the consumer will only cause them to fill up across the street.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Now you're scaring me Ben, you're really reaching for it. Are you above defeat?

Insurance rates are for the most part static. You can't factor in a slight rate change when were talking about passing millions of dollars of theft onto the consumer. If the rates increased that much, there would be no need for insurance. And once again, regardless of whether or not the rates increased, gas stations must compete. Trying to pass the cost on to the consumer will only cause them to fill up across the street.
I'm talking about the concept of theft losses being passed on to consumers in general. Sure, some scum of the earth who should be shot in the knee caps and left for dead in the deserts steals a tanker of gas, that cost as a one time will be eaten. Piracy on a regular basis will not. I work for a multi-national multi-billion dollar company and I'll tell you this much: EVERY EXPENSE THE COMPANY INCURS, INCLUDING PIRATE INSURANCE (SERIOUSLY), IS FACTORED INTO PRODUCT PLANS AND IMPACTS COSTS PAID BY DISTRIBUTORS RETAIL OUTLETS AND ULTIMATELY BY CONSUMERS . . . PERIOD. IT'S A FACT. I know it's a popular Hollywood theme. Steal from the big guys, nobody really gets hurt . . . it's covered by insurance, yada yada yada. You're a sucker if you think that's the way it really goes down at higher levels over time.

Car insurance rates, workers comp, medicare all have rates that are inflated as a function of fraud, a category of theft. This is extensively documented.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm talking about the concept of theft losses being passed on to consumers in general. Sure, some scum of the earth who should be shot in the knee caps and left for dead in the deserts steals a tanker of gas, that cost as a one time will be eaten. Piracy on a regular basis will not. I work for a multi-national multi-billion dollar company and I'll tell you this much: EVERY EXPENSE THE COMPANY INCURS, INCLUDING PIRATE INSURANCE (SERIOUSLY), IS FACTORED INTO PRODUCT PLANS AND IMPACTS COSTS PAID BY DISTRIBUTORS RETAIL OUTLETS AND ULTIMATELY BY CONSUMERS . . . PERIOD. IT'S A FACT. I know it's a popular Hollywood theme. Steal from the big guys, nobody really gets hurt . . . it's covered by insurance, yada yada yada. You're a sucker if you think that's the way it really goes down at higher levels over time.

Car insurance rates, workers comp, medicare all have rates that are inflated as a function of fraud, a category of theft. This is extensively documented.
Agreed, all gas companies have insurance and all gas companies factor that into the cost of retail gas. But we're talking about a one time theft at one company. You will pay for insurance whether it is being used or not, therefore the cost of a one time theft at one company will not be passed on to you the consumer, directly.