Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #11

I think it's called Accurate Alignment on Batavia south of Struck in Orange.
They do performance alignments.
Cost is ~$100 but they did my GP and GTA for street/canyon carving and both are great.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #12
Graphics B*tch

I have told you about this before. Firestone. They have a lifetime alignment option. I paid I think $139 (in 2002) for the truck and $149 for the stang (price increase but got a multi-car discount). I have had the truck aligned about 6 times and the Mustang has already had 3 or 4. Since you will be keeping the Mustang forever why pay for an alignment again after the first time?

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I have told you about this before. Firestone. They have a lifetime alignment option. I paid I think $139 (in 2002) for the truck and $149 for the stang (price increase but got a multi-car discount). I have had the truck aligned about 6 times and the Mustang has already had 3 or 4. Since you will be keeping the Mustang forever why pay for an alignment again after the first time?
I worked at a Goodyear store that had lifetime alignments. The techs would drive it, if the wheel was striaght, they would pull it on the rack, go to lunch and pull it off. Never really checked them. Had a stack of alignmemt print outs to give the cust one. Techs got paid comission and did not get paid to do the free rechecks. They called them scratch and sniffs. Would scratch the tie rods with a pair of pliers to make it look like they adjusted it.

Most machines now have dated and timed print outs , so that is not a big problem anymore.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Super Moderator

West End Alignment in Long Beach. The only shop that would commit to getting the alignment where I wanted it. Most other shops will beat around the bush and give excuses if it takes them too long.

The first time I had the vette aligned, a shop took it to -2 degrees, from the -2.5 it was at.

When I called shops asking for a ballpark range after that experience, no one would give me a guarantee. When I called west end and said give me a ballpark of how close you will get it, he said I'll get it spot on, exactly where you want it. Sold.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

I know bear frame and wheel charged my friend 90 for his 08 M3. Probably would be the same for the cobra, they will guarantee it too. My friends family owns it(rest his soul) And he and his family have had many race cars, boss mustangs, lightnings, gt500s, etc etc. They know what they are doing.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #16

I get my cars aligned at Ed Schroeder Carburetion in Westminster. If you have your own custom specs he will aligned them to the specs.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z