Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Eric97srad Offroad Oops!

So as some of you know Eric is back from Kosovo and spent Christmas in NY with his dad and brothers. Well after Christmas he, his brother Nate and three of Nates friends drove back here and spent New Year with us. While they were here they wanted to go 4 wheelin so Phil and I took them out yesterday. We took Phil's FJ40, my Explorer and a couple of quads and went out to Calico Ghost Town.

Anyways, to get to the title Eric was driving Phil's FJ and Nate was driving my Explorer when this happened.

Fortunately we were going really slow and just sort of flopped over on the side. Me, Eric and Erin (2 years old) were in the truck at the time. Both Eric and I had our seat belts on and Erin was strapped in her car seat so no one was hurt except Eric's pride. Phil and I had a good laugh about it though.
We were able to get the truck flipped back over by using a couple tow straps hooked to my Explorer.

Phil has some more pictures of it but sadly the only camera we had at the time was Phil's phone. Hopefully he can put more of them up later.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

How? It looks like it just fell over.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's exactly what happened. He took the hill a little to high in the turn and we just slowly tipped on to the side.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The corner is alot steeper then the picture makes it look. There was probably one really wrong line you could take to make that happen, thats the one Eric chose! He took the corner high on the right side and then dropped the left front into a hole and stepped on the brake.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So as some of you know Eric is back from Kosovo and spent Christmas in NY with his dad and brothers. Well after Christmas he, his brother Nate and three of Nates friends drove back here and spent New Year with us. While they were here they wanted to go 4 wheelin so Phil and I took them out yesterday. We took Phil's FJ40, my Explorer and a couple of quads and went out to Calico Ghost Town.

Anyways, to get to the title Eric was driving Phil's FJ and Nate was driving my Explorer when this happened.

Fortunately we were going really slow and just sort of flopped over on the side. Me, Eric and Erin (2 years old) were in the truck at the time. Both Eric and I had our seat belts on and Erin was strapped in her car seat so no one was hurt except Eric's pride. Phil and I had a good laugh about it though.
We were able to get the truck flipped back over by using a couple tow straps hooked to my Explorer.

Phil has some more pictures of it but sadly the only camera we had at the time was Phil's phone. Hopefully he can put more of them up later.
I sent you the rest of the pictures I have on my phone, if you get time you can put them up on the wall of shame.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Ouch! Thank goodness nobody was hurt though. How much damage to the FJ?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Here's the rest of them.

I circled the hole he put the front left tire in that made us tip over.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Ouch! Thank goodness nobody was hurt though. How much damage to the FJ?
The FJ40 got almost no damage. The rocker bars I built on the sides held the truck body off of the hill. The soft top bars pushed over a little bit until the roll cage hit the hill, but pulled right back into shape. The drivers soft door got a small tear at the bottom. Could have been alot worse!