Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #51

Send a message via AIM to Chate

prius realistically gets solid 50mpg in the city, most of my driving will be thru traffic in sd/downtown at clinics
i can lease a prius for 240 a month with 0 out of pocket for 36 mos (8700) which is a lil less than i'll get for my vette on trade too (i'm expecting close to 9k-10k) the 335d is gonna cost me diesel fuel prices (rather than 87 that prius uses) plus the bimmer is closer to 450 a month

less out of pocket means more to spend later when i get a fun car!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #52
I, Vettezuki

The Prius is Satan's representative on earth.

The new Focus gets close to 40 mpg on the fwy, but still well into the 30s in the city. A Focus is considerably cheaper than a Prius. You can trade in a purchased Focus as opposed to a leased X. What are the mileage restriction on the Prius Lease? Break out Excel, the higher mpg Prius may not at all be a net saver.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #53

36k miles /3yrs on prius lease, most miles are going to be city, focus is rated at 24 city, and though excel-ing the difference between a normal and hybrid vehicle i wont make up the price in gas for a while, the gadgety-ness of the prius is soo friggin cool vs the boredom of a regular focus/civic/corrola, plus i dont want to keep it for more than 3 years anyway, the money that i lose on a focus etc is gonna be about the same as what i'll spend on the lease for 3 yrs (which includes maint now)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #54
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
36k miles /3yrs on prius lease, most miles are going to be city, focus is rated at 24 city, and though excel-ing the difference between a normal and hybrid vehicle i wont make up the price in gas for a while, the gadgety-ness of the prius is soo friggin cool vs the boredom of a regular focus/civic/corrola, plus i dont want to keep it for more than 3 years anyway, the money that i lose on a focus etc is gonna be about the same as what i'll spend on the lease for 3 yrs (which includes maint now)
I say buy a used econo car and trade in the Vette outright. Then you have no payments and still have something with good gas mileage. Then in 3 years you'll have saved money and you can buy the car you really want.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #55

makes economical sense, fo sho
doing research and reading reviews, i dont want a civic or corrola tho...
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #56
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I say buy a used econo car and trade in the Vette outright. Then you have no payments and still have something with good gas mileage. Then in 3 years you'll have saved money and you can buy the car you really want.
Good idea. Kids these days. All they want are some flashing lights.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #57

You should look at 2001 honda insight. It would fall in to the range that your looking to spend and get you great MPG.

here is one in SD for about 8200 with a 5 speed only 50,xxx miles

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1800816109.html

5speed for 7500 with 180,xxx with a replaced battery and car pool stickers (They are work 2-3,000 by themselves IMHO)

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1727608501.html
Old 06-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #58

the old insight is too small, i need more than 2 seats!

and its either hp or flashing lights, gotta have at least 1!!

(thats flashy inside not cop lights outside haha)
Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #59

I test drove the prius...and thats definitely a no. I got flipped off by a guy in an Aztec when merging into the freeway because it didnt accelerate fast enough.

Why cant someone just put a big battery in a corvette so it gets awesome mileage in traffic, and let the engine do its job at higher speeds or in "power mode"...that would be the perfect car.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #60
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Something like this would be awesome. Not sure if you want a manual, but it would be fairly fun to drive, especially compared to a Prius.

EPA mileage 35/42 mpg