Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #2641
I, Vettezuki

Yeah fellas, I haven't done a thing to promote the site in a long while, including no cruises or meets, so it's down to OGs right now. Over the last several years I haven't had play scratch either so kind of limited. I traded the Jeep to Adam for legal retainer services, and have transferred the Snake to Adam as well (he'll pick up in a year) and the Fox to Carlos. They'll see them through to completion where they were on their way to indefinite pile-o-stuff with me. Sold the Miata, CarMaxx gave me a surprisingly good price.

On the upside, things have turned around a little for money. I'm keeping the Vette and will take a look at what is apparently a cam-knock here in the not too distant future. If I get that big rural property, probably convert my mom's large horse trailer into a car hauler; I'd literally have to trailer the Vette out to drive it. LOL. Might get UATV like a Grizzly too. And finally, swap the wife's pretty much new xD for the upcoming Jeep Renegade. In a year or so, depending on how much of a beating my little Protege can take on that dirt road, might get one of the upcoming plug-in hybrid SUVs, either a Mitsubishi or Volvo. We're adding charging stations here at work, so juicing up would be free, dropping my energy costs for trans portion potentially close to zero. I'll start another thread on stuff I might be able to do to my protege to get it to ride better over a rural road.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #2642
Fast & Filthy

Does the city take care of the road or is it a private road you'll have to maintain?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #2643

let me add my car updates as well,

K20
I bought a NOS Dana 60 that I've been refreshing. New high steer arms, new bearings all around. I also bought a set 1 ton deaver springs That i'm really excited about. I need to make a cutout for my transfer case cross member to allow the drive shaft to not hit it at full droop.

CTS-V
I still need to install the front brakes. I have a recall on the fuel pump that they need to get parts for. At the same time i'm going to see if the dealer will do the clutch. I'll also install a new Master cylinder and new shiftier and linkage at the same time.

Volt
So i've owned the car for a little over 3 weeks, I love the thing, she rides nice and is great to drive to LA everyday.
I'm been able to average about 102 mpg over 2900 miles
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #2644
pain's fun, hit me again

I guess I can do the same

Gray Car, still collecting dust

Blue car, still collecting dust

Truck, runs, needs tires, need to pull the front axle, do the seals, blah blah. Change the spring bushings. Which is non issue as long as I don't use 4x4.

Pretty much just been eating, sleeping, Vegas and buying guns.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #2645
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
K20
I bought a NOS Dana 60 that I've been refreshing. New high steer arms, new bearings all around. I also bought a set 1 ton deaver springs That i'm really excited about. I need to make a cutout for my transfer case cross member to allow the drive shaft to not hit it at full droop.
Don't you have a thread on your K20 already started? If not start one because I want to see what you're doing to it.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #2646
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Blue car, still collecting dust.
That's only partially true because you have been working on it and I have pictures as proof. You should post them up on the build thread. It should be running very soon.

As for me, I got the cartridge rolls yesterday and I'm going to try and finish up the heads this weekend. The only issue is that my father-in-law needs me to do some work on his motor home and his smartcar today so I may not even be able to start on the heads until tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #2647
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That's only partially true because you have been working on it and I have pictures as proof. You should post them up on the build thread. It should be running very soon.

As for me, I got the cartridge rolls yesterday and I'm going to try and finish up the heads this weekend. The only issue is that my father-in-law needs me to do some work on his motor home and his smartcar today so I may not even be able to start on the heads until tomorrow.
Working on it or not, it's collecting dust.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 01-23-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Don't you have a thread on your K20 already started? If not start one because I want to see what you're doing to it.
Ya I need to update the thread....I'll have some more pics later today
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 11-10-2014, 02:56 AM   #2649
I, Vettezuki

Put car stuff in car threads.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #2650
pain's fun, hit me again

Was too lazy to go digging for it, so be glad anything got posted at all.

Stopping the world!