Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #11

I've often said about SoCal, throw a rock and you'll hit a lawyer, just make sure no one saw you throw it.

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
I've often said about SoCal, throw a rock and you'll hit a lawyer, just make sure no one saw you throw it.

Sad, but very true.

In the cases stated above it would be ridiculous of the people which received help to try and come back with a lawsuit..... but if it happened, I wouldn't be in total shock.

Nissan 350Z (SOLD): Great for everyday driving and occasional corner carving
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: MREV2, HFC, CAI, Plenum Spacer, Osiris Tune, GR+Pro Coil Overs, SPC alignment
Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #13

Bill Handle, on his Handle on the Law show, (KFI 640am-sat mornings) spent a segment talking about how many of these cases (lots) are out there.
Many of these accident victims clearly would have died if not for the Good Sam . They all use the "reasonable care" clause, and claim the Good Sam caused additional injury. Win or loose, that would SUCK !

Handle says he just throws some of his Handleonthelaw.com cards out his window and keeps on driving.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Bill Handle, on his Handle on the Law show, (KFI 640am-sat mornings) spent a segment talking about how many of these cases (lots) are out there.
Many of these accident victims clearly would have died if not for the Good Sam . They all use the "reasonable care" clause, and claim the Good Sam caused additional injury. Win or loose, that would SUCK !

Handle says he just throws some of his Handleonthelaw.com cards out his window and keeps on driving.
I'm not going to watch someone burn to death and hear them screaming in my head every time I go to bed for the rest of my life. I'll deal with it if he/she turns out to be an ungrateful SOB later, but I won't have any regrets about my decision. That's how I roll. Plus soon, I'll have one of the greatest attorneys of the 21st century on retainer.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Actually on the whole Americans are pretty helpful to one another on a personal basis.

What we have become is litigious as all hell and liability has crept into everything. I just spent a couple months trying to get a community garden started at my place of work. We have a beautiful piece of totally unused property off in a corner, no plans for it whatsoever. A community garden wouldn't have cost them anything and would have fit right in with our wellness program. But they said no. Why? Liability.
yep....lawyers ruined everything.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm not going to watch someone burn to death and hear them screaming in my head every time I go to bed for the rest of my life. I'll deal with it if he/she turns out to be an ungrateful SOB later, but I won't have any regrets about my decision. That's how I roll. Plus soon, I'll have one of the greatest attorneys of the 21st century on retainer.
I drove the Ortega hwy 6 days a week for 3 years. After seeing my first nasty wreck,and feeling helpless, I took first aid and EMT classes at Saddleback. Since then I have been at the scene of a few accidents and did whatever I could. Performed basic first aid on a motorcycle rider that went down on Live Oak canyon at 3am, and a Head-on on Ortega , Chevy luv truck vs Suburban with trailer.. I would not hesitate to assist again.

Here is a video of my friend, Paul Feeney after he came on a wreck

Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

I know ive told Ben and Chuck this story but i'll share it with everyone

Basically my take is this, do what you need to do to help someone, then get on with your life. I dont hang around for praise (or conjecture). I watched some 18 yo punks flip a brand new subbie on the way back from lyttle creek. They were doing over 100mph when they flipped the car, by the time i got out they were already pulling each other out of the car. One kids hand had almost been completely severed off since he had his hand on the window rail, huge crack in his skull that was GUSHING, fucked up in every sense of the word. Now this was only about 300 yards from the range, cell service sucks, its a long drive up, i yanked out my first aid kit and used every roll of gauze, bandaid, tape, i could to stop his head wound and hand wound from bleeding out.

EMT's got there about 15 minutes later. When the chp asked me why i wrapped him up, and said i should have left him alone till help arrived.

EMT's arrived and asked who patched him up and the chp point me out like i did something wrong and said i probably saved his life or at the very least kept him from having major complications.

So again, do what you know is right, then bail, best satisfaction is what you give yourself anyhow.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Gentlemen, I salute you.

I have no idea why cops say shit like that. Enkeivette's ex (doctorate in physical therapy, knows human body reasonably well) saw a person take a nasty spill and was bleeding and went to help, a cop was there and told her not to help . .. and proceeded not to help himself, just called for it.

Shaolin is absolutely right, if you don't die immediately from a massive trauma, the next biggest danger is simply bleeding to death. In the absence of nothing just wadding up a shirt and pushing on the wind can save someone's life.

You guys should check out Israeli battle dressings. They are exceptionally well thought out self contained dressings/wraps. I think you can even get them impregnated with quick clot which is very effective in stopping bleeding.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

I know when i got hit by a car on my goped people saw it happen, i was laying in the street trying to figure out what the fuck happened, broken colar bone, dislocated hip, shoulder, broken ribs etc. I had to get up on my own strength so i could get out of the street, people slowed as they drove by, but no one helped. Then had another mile to go to get to work, since i had no phone i had no choice but to ride it out.

Seriously someone simply helping me drag my goped to the curb and helping me up instead of my trying to breath and twist myself off the pavement with all my injuries would have been worlds better, instead people simply watched, and the dude who hit me took off, without as much as a peep from the people who saw it happen.

I figure i know what its like, and its really not that hard to help out.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcast18 View Post
yep....lawyers ruined everything.

Nope...

Underwriters did.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".