Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #11

I have 3 projects set for this summer.

#1 New/Bigger brakes from the CTS, I just bought V2 front brakes and rotors.

#2 Getting another car I bought running, I bought by far the most rare car I will likely ever own. 1 of 800 ever made only 600 in the US. its an Isuzu impulse RS. Its a AWD turbo car.

#3 Putting a utility bed on my pickup and redoing the rear springs and maybe swapping out the rear axle. Plus recentering my H1 wheels for the correct offset.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #12

My Mercedes needs more TLC and my miata that I got to DD while the mercedes was down, is also down now too. Excessive oil consumption, it ate all of its oil without smoke or leaks, have to replace the rod end bearing. Selling both of these after I finish fixing them, too worn out from working on them all the time.

Bought a new loaded Mazda3 to take over all duties

First tank, all city, 27mpg. aweeee yeaaahhhhhh
Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

@blackax, what's cool or unique, other than being rare about the Impulse? Why'd you get it?

@firstshadow, that's interesting our 06' Miata did the same thing. Oile starvation but I never noticed much oil leaking or, smoke, or anything. Wife just pulled in the driveway with a hideous knocking sound and the first thing I checked was the oil, which was bone dry, yet everything looked fine otherwise. Boooh. It had never given us a lick of trouble up til then which was over 100k miles.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #14

I need to fix the AC in the Durango, it sucks balls when it's in the 90s. I also have a 2" lift for it that I'll be installing soon as well.

The Typhoon will be getting a different turbo and a full exhaust made up.

The Jeep is damn near done with the theft repairs. I have brand new locks that just need to be installed and then it's done.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #15

@Vettezuki
The 1991 impulse RS is very awesome (to isuzu guys) they only made 800 so not alot. It makes ok power 160 from a little 1.6 turbo, doesn't sound like much now but that was alot in 91, also she only weighs in at 2700 pounds, the lightest AWD car that i know of.

My plan for her is to take on miata's at places like Adams and such.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
@Vettezuki
The 1991 impulse RS is very awesome (to isuzu guys) they only made 800 so not alot. It makes ok power 160 from a little 1.6 turbo, doesn't sound like much now but that was alot in 91, also she only weighs in at 2700 pounds, the lightest AWD car that i know of.

My plan for her is to take on miata's at places like Adams and such.
Ah, wasn't it an Impulse that had the Pike's Peak record for a while? It was nuckin futs as I recall, >500AWHP and a driver with an apparent death wish.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I've lost three engines in the last six months. First the Devil Aveo, then both Mazdas for different reasons. Signed over the Devil Aveo for labor trade to do engine swap on Protege, and it runs now. Next up is the Miata and I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with it then, since we also (had to) buy a new car; the xD, which is a great little car. Also the one buck truck started being a little bitch with fuel pump issues and I'm tired of it's leaky intake, so that's on the docket as well. So I have plenty of car shit going on since last august, just not a goddamn bit of it any fun.

Some of the older gents at work have bought some new cars, one a loaded Camaro, another a loaded Challenger (which honestly is my favorite looking) and our head of IT a brand new M5, which is pretty nasty all wrapped up in some refined packaging.

Oh, and the earthquake knocked down my wall which I had to rebuild and I'm dealing with the VA on behalf of my father; /shudders.

Pretty sure I must have been some kind of asshole in my previous life . . .
I still believe I hold the records for engines. Someone always has. It worse.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #18

Tracking the impulse? Sounds like a ton of fun!

Think some of the earlier imprezas with awd were under 2700, maybe around 2500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
@firstshadow, that's interesting
our 06' Miata did the same thing. Oile starvation but I never noticed much oil leaking or, smoke, or anything. Wife just pulled in the driveway with a hideous knocking sound and the first thing I checked was the oil, which was bone dry, yet everything looked fine otherwise. Boooh. It had never given us a lick of trouble up til then which was over 100k miles.
I got a good and fun 10k miles out if it, bought it used from a dealer so prior history unknown except clean carfax. Had 39k on it when it went dry, oh well.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #19

I need to redesign my fuel system. Suffering from vapor lock, so need to go with a return type system.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
I need to redesign my fuel system. Suffering from vapor lock, so need to go with a return type system.
After a put a return system on my chevy it was like night and day. I can now drive the truck whenever.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20