Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
True story, seen several C5's that I almost pulled the trigger on for 5k
I know youre a deal hunter, but I need to see some Craigslist links to back that up. I was looking at a C5 with severe body damage (thinking it would make a nice wide-body candidate) and it was 10k.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #52
Internet Tough Guy

Final numbers were 530 hp and 501 ftlbf. Lol so much for breaking into the 600's Torque curve is good. Pretty much same as before. I was hoping to pick some power up with the 102R intake and the 102mm throttle body. It looks like the cam is the most limiting factor. I may go with a bigger cam latter after I get the car sorted out again. This lets me take the weight down to 2915 with me in it. I will have to get weighed in and see where I can drop weight from.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #53
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I know youre a deal hunter, but I need to see some Craigslist links to back that up. I was looking at a C5 with severe body damage (thinking it would make a nice wide-body candidate) and it was 10k.
I've seen some absolutely cherry C5Zs for low $20k, good C5s around $15k~, I *vaguely* recall seeing a POS for < $10k.

I'd be tempted to sell my Vette at around $20k, but that ain't gonna happen. Still just plan to keep it and futz with it over the years.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #54
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Final numbers were 530 hp and 501 ftlbf. Lol so much for breaking into the 600's Torque curve is good. Pretty much same as before. I was hoping to pick some power up with the 102R intake and the 102mm throttle body. It looks like the cam is the most limiting factor. I may go with a bigger cam latter after I get the car sorted out again. This lets me take the weight down to 2915 with me in it. I will have to get weighed in and see where I can drop weight from.
Gotta be honest, I was wonder'n how you thought you were going to crack 600WHP with just a tune unless it was like the worst.tune.ever.

But out of curiosity, is that a street gas or race gas tune?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #55
Internet Tough Guy

Well there was no real tun in it before. I was always running the break in time from vette doctors. They changed up some valve train components and the addition of the intake and throttle body I thought might get me there with an actual tune. It's currently tuned for 91.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #56
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Don't care whether you believe it or not, they are out there. SEVERAL for under 10k. I don't share the deals I find, I buy them. These ads don't last for days or weeks to corroborate, you jump or they disappear, that's how I'm successful at hunting.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #57

I have the complete kit and compressor etc to convert my 89 GTA to R134 and it needs a new top, but since I drive it about !000 miles a year I just can't get motivated to spend the time and money.

So last week I dug out some old model cars I built as a kid that need TLC and am doing that. LOL
Old 07-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #58
Fast & Filthy

I helped Phil pull the crankshaft out of the 454 in his motorhome on Saturday. It's the first time he or I have pulled a crankshaft without removing the engine. Pulling an engine from a motorhome is not fun. We had to pull the trans to get the oil pan off but other than that it wasn't too bad. It took us about 6 hours.

The reason we pulled it is because the the rear main seal has been leaking. I guess on the last trip Phil took it on (to Oregon) it started leaking really bad on the way home. When he got home he checked the crankshaft end play and there was a ton so he knew the thrust bearing was done.

The crankshaft is shot but he has a brand new factory crank for it already.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #59
Fast & Filthy

Then on Sunday I pulled the supercharger off the Cobra because the seals are leaking again so the intake is covered in oil. I didn't take any pictures but this time I'm going to replace the seals myself.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #60
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Then on Sunday I pulled the supercharger off the Cobra because the seals are leaking again so the intake is covered in oil. I didn't take any pictures but this time I'm going to replace the seals myself.
Leaking again? What's the deal?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)