Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 AM   #1

Default Guten tag from Solana Beach

Hey everybody, I'm Craig, 28, from Solana Beach. I was invited to the site by Ben (Vettesuki), who kept on me until I finally joined.

I'm an all around car and truck fan, with my favorite car being the Toyota Supra. I've owned three of them - an '87 N/A 5 Sp., a '91 turbo targa 5 Sp. and a '97 turbo targa auto. Other vehicles I own or have owned are my beloved '91 4Runner 4X4 5 Sp. with a "modified" and rebuilt 22R-E and many new or upgraded parts (current DD w/ 249K), '02 Tacoma Prerunner TRD (recently sold), '93 Lexus GS300 (recently sold) and an '07 Honda CRF250R that I absolutely love, but want to sell ASAP.

The '87 was my first car and was sold several years ago. I had a good time with it and got over my hatred of manuals as soon as I became comfortable with driving it. Sadly, I found out about the head gasket issues the 7M engines suffered from while I owned it.

I bought my '91 in late '02, and after tossing the idea of selling it around a number of times, I've decided to have a 1JZ-GTE (2.5L turbo inline-six) swapped into it. It will be a quasi daily driver/weekend car with plenty of power and handling capability as its strong points. It already has a T70 turbo installed, which I'll use until I'm able to upgrade to a Precision 6265 billet (preferably ball bearing) turbo. There are a number of supporting mods on this, as well, including Tein Flex coilovers (FOR SALE - I'm going for a Bilstein/Hyperco setup), a GReddy intercooler kit with OEM fitment for this car and engine, 550cc injectors from the 2JZ-GTE (found in the '93-'98 Supra Turbo), a decent brake setup, a 3" DP/MP to 4" cat-back exhaust with a Burns Stainless muffler, Volk TE-37 wheels, '97 black leather front seats from a '97 Supra and several others. Initially, I think 400 RWHP and well over 300 RWTQ are reasonable numbers to expect from this once it's tuned. I'll be taking it easy, though, because there is more shaft play on the turbo than I care for. This car has about 150K on it.

I love my '97 Supra, which I only bought last summer in Monterey, but I'd love to get rid of my car payments even more at this point. It pulls hard, handles extremely well and feels very solid overall. It's in pretty clean condition and relatively close to stock with 135K on it, making it attractive for buyers looking for an unmolested late MKIV Supra. The full list of performance mods are a Tanabe DP, Apex GT Spec cat-back, Bilstein HD shocks, Bilstein coilover sleeves, Hyperco springs (650F/425R), Brembo drilled/slotted rotors (installed by the previous owner, unfortunately), ATS metal clutch type LSD, GReddy Airinx intake and a GReddy boost cut controller - all totaling roughly $4,000. It was dyno'd in August in 80+ degree heat and put down 345/360, with they dyno simulating street driving, thus providing conservative numbers. Then again, 100+ BHP over stock isn't bad for intake and full exhaust. I'll post this is the for sale section with more details. Here's a dyno video:
I'll probably be at Cars and Coffee in Irvine this Saturday morning if anybody wants to join me there. I'll probably also join in on the Palomar trip on Sunday the 9th, as well. It'll be nice to meet some of you and have a chance to see your cars.

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great New Year's weekend.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #2

Welcome !!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #3

Thank you!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Don't sell it! MK IV Supras are awesome!

Welcome to the board by the way
Old 12-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your stay and maybe we'll see you out at Palomar if the stars align.

Sean, wasn't Gary Wells looking casually for a Supra?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #6

Welcome.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 12-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #7

Welcome Craig
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #8

Sean, thanks and I'm set on selling it. I'd love to keep it and sink plenty more money into it, but I want more financial freedom and a nice bit of padding in my bank accounts for my 2011 move to NH.

Ben, yeah, I think it's pretty likely I'll be there for the Palomar cruise.

Bob and SoCalC55, thanks guys.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #9

Welcome dude. I'm jsut north of you in carlsbad. I'll probably see you around at a few meets. When are you moving to NH, you mean New Hampshire right?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #10

Ryridesmotox, that's cool you're in Carlsbad. What part? I'm off of Lomas Santa Fe, just east of the 5.

I don't do many meets - I believe I've only done two SoCal Supras meets and GReddy Fest a few months ago in the 4+ years I've lived here. If you want to hang out some time, though, I'm up for that.

From your name, I'd guess you have a bike. What do you ride?

Yup, New Hampshire it is. I'd like to be there before fall this year for a number of reasons: I've got a few good friends and a bunch of their friends live there - some of which I know - in the Keene area, there's no state sales tax, no state income tax, I love the geography there and I miss snow and four real seasons (I lived in MI for many years).