Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Abadoned on Everest

F that. People who climb that mountain are insane.

Link is NWS due to pictures.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Not my game.

But my previous Japapnese boss, who I learned a great deal from once said somehting to the effect of "until you face death you don't know what living is." It's something like that I suppose. The first guys who sailed the open seas with maps that may as well have been written by Jack were kind of nutty. When we first went to the moon we didnt' even know if the surface would support the lander. One mistake and it was over. There is something bizaare in human nature, separate from all other animals, to imagine a challenge, then be driven to overcome it. I guess I'm weird. I don't regard these as particualrly sad deaths.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Yeah that is some crazy shit.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Insanity: Climbing a mountain with a 1 in 10 mortality rate, not to include those who have lost digits and apparently freaking noses.

Holy crap. Were sorry Mr. Yuppie, but we're going to have to amputate many of your toes, fingers and some of your face off because you wanted to climb a snowy mountain! Retarded. Spend more time skiing and hiking low altitude if that's your thing. I generally say to each his own, but that is just RETARDED.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Real trucks don't have spark plugs, I love it. I wouldn't turn my nose down at some of those trophy trucks though.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Insanity: Climbing a mountain with a 1 in 10 mortality rate, not to include those who have lost digits and apparently freaking noses.

Holy crap. Were sorry Mr. Yuppie, but we're going to have to amputate many of your toes, fingers and some of your face off because you wanted to climb a snowy mountain! Retarded. Spend more time skiing and hiking low altitude if that's your thing. I generally say to each his own, but that is just RETARDED.
Again, not my bag, but I understand the drive. The closest I *might* get in my life is taking a crack at the Kona Iron Man someday. People die ervery year (and you might get eaten by shark training), but nothing like Everest.

A guy just cracked 278MPH in the Texas mile . . . on a motorcycle. That's insane. Lift up even a little bit and it's over.

BTW, apparently, there is an adjacent mountain, with virtually the same height, where the really hard core climbers go. Apparently it's just one death trap after another. Can't remember what it was. Perhaps ironically, it was covered in a section of a critical thinking course I listened to. (Because of the series of mistakes made by VERY experienced climbers.)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #7

K2?

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 12-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
K2?

Bob
K2 is bad, I think only 4 out of 5 make it. There was another mountain though with a 40% death rate. It was over 8000m, but I can't remember the name. I think it was in the Alps?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Real trucks don't have spark plugs, I love it. I wouldn't turn my nose down at some of those trophy trucks though.
Yeah my buddy said he had to change his spark plugs so of course me being me I say "I needed to change my spark plugs as well." He says "Do you?" I say "Fuck no, real trucks don't have spark plugs" But yeah those trophy trucks are bad ass.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Again, not my bag, but I understand the drive. The closest I *might* get in my life is taking a crack at the Kona Iron Man someday. People die ervery year (and you might get eaten by shark training), but nothing like Everest.

A guy just cracked 278MPH in the Texas mile . . . on a motorcycle. That's insane. Lift up even a little bit and it's over.

BTW, apparently, there is an adjacent mountain, with virtually the same height, where the really hard core climbers go. Apparently it's just one death trap after another. Can't remember what it was. Perhaps ironically, it was covered in a section of a critical thinking course I listened to. (Because of the series of mistakes made by VERY experienced climbers.)
I don't understand the drive, there is no earthly thing I would risk my nose for, literally.