Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Best All Around 08' 600cc Super Sport Bike
Yamaha R6 0 0%
Kawasaki ZX-6R 0 0%
Honda CBR600RR 0 0%
Suzuki GSX-R 600 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
lol i use to go up the 2 every weekend up to whats it called newcombs or something like that horrible with names. 600 is a good bike. don't go any bigger. TAKE THE SAFTEY COURSE. I'm not kidding about that one. Its worth the 3 days and the hundred or so dollars. But if your serious about getting a bike I'll help you find one we just have to find out what you want out of your bike.
Wouldn't dream of riding a bike without the safety course, and even additional performance riding courses. I'll hit you up if I ever get serious about it. . .

On the 2 it's Called Newcomb's. Here's a nice little video with some action too.

And here's our next local event.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Awesome response heypal.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #13
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Wouldn't dream of riding a bike without the safety course, and even additional performance riding courses. I'll hit you up if I ever get serious about it. . .
not a problem at all.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Awesome response heypal.
I try lol thank you
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I try lol thank you

What do you think of the FZ6 as a starter 600? It has the detuned R6 motor and sporty but not full on superbike chassis. It's also way cheaper. These are SUPER popular in Europe and from the videos seem like they're more than fast enough, especially for a beginner. Have you ridden one? If so, how would you characterize the difference in behavior? I'm guessing it's what you would expect; not as fast to respond to direction changes, slower to accelerate and brake, but less twitch and overall more comfortable, especially for distances.

I'm not serious yet, kinda hoping the desire will go away, but it's lingering. I'm not sure if I want an all arounder that I would take on sporting street rides, or, kinda forget the street and go for almost track only, which somehow almost seems safer.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
FWD = FAIL

not a bad bike at all very nice. Its a lot like the sv650(which is rated number one for starter bike for sport/sport touring bike). They ride about the same, same riding postion very comfortable. One this I like about the sv650 is its like a dirt bike in it forgiveness. Wheelies like a dirt bike. And one of the most fun times I've had on a bike. The fz6 is just a differen't type of power band. Think of it as a v8(sv650) vs a I4 in well something n/a and fast you find the car lol. Vtwins sound awesome with exhaust just saying lol. But you can't argue about the fz6 its a great bike. And both are going to be cheap on insurance and great on mileage.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #17
FWD = FAIL

to answer the questions you asked

steering is close but not as responsive
braking not as good
not as fast but fast enough think you should be in the 11's 12s something like that in the 1/4. BUT THIS IS NOT A HIGHWAY RUNNING BIKE..where you can get away with running a kb cobra on the highway on a gsxr600 or r6 you can't with the sv or the fz your going to lose....bad lol but good 0-100 type bike. should be good enough.

Just think of the fz as a r6 that is drunk and comfortable lol. Good bike.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #18
FWD = FAIL

Increased post count ftw lol one more thing is whats great of these bikes is the are naked. No real fairings. So when you drop it not only is it cheaper then a sport bike but cheaper to fix also. Nice on the wallet. And if your wondering why I didn't just edit my first post it won't let me don't know why. I hit edit it logs me out I log back in and I'm back to square one lol. OH well.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
to answer the questions you asked

steering is close but not as responsive
braking not as good
not as fast but fast enough think you should be in the 11's 12s something like that in the 1/4. BUT THIS IS NOT A HIGHWAY RUNNING BIKE..where you can get away with running a kb cobra on the highway on a gsxr600 or r6 you can't with the sv or the fz your going to lose....bad lol but good 0-100 type bike. should be good enough.

Just think of the fz as a r6 that is drunk and comfortable lol. Good bike.

Cool. I'm definitely not interested in running fast cars on the Freeway. That's 100%. Sounds like this might be a good choice for me, especially as an entry level.

Then my British colleague said I might be interested in the Triumph Street Triple. That bike is beautiful. Wow!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)