Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #41
Super Moderator

I had no idea cars were pulling that much over a G nowadays, last time I picked up a car and driver the Viper ruled the road at 1 lateral G.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Not at all. The SS is a shit box that is not tune for performance driving. The same car with the 1LE suspension package crushed the Boss. The ZL1 is 2.5 seconds faster at VIR weighing more and having 100 less hp. 1.29 G is not that much. I pull more than that and have the Traqmate data to prove it. Shit with a little banking 2 Gs are not a lot.
So when was the last time you went to the track? Please remember that the question was if I could do with my mustang what I do with the vette for the same money. The answer is still no. The reasoning in your arguments is invalid. It's time to stop typing and go spend some time on the track so you can confirm what you read online with real life experience.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...r-times-page-8
Still missing the part where I said you could
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #43
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Not at all. The SS is a shit box that is not tune for performance driving. The same car with the 1LE suspension package crushed the Boss. The ZL1 is 2.5 seconds faster at VIR weighing more and having 100 less hp. 1.29 G is not that much. I pull more than that and have the Traqmate data to prove it. Shit with a little banking 2 Gs are not a lot.
So when was the last time you went to the track? Please remember that the question was if I could do with my mustang what I do with the vette for the same money. The answer is still no. The reasoning in your arguments is invalid. It's time to stop typing and go spend some time on the track so you can confirm what you read online with real life experience.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...r-times-page-8
A stock 5.0 is more optimized for the track than a porsche? Please.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Still missing the part where I said you could
Quote:
Its been proven time and again that a proper three link on a mustang can hang with an IRS.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Like Carlos, you misunderstood. I just prefer to let it go out long than it needs to. My post was supplementive to the one above. No where did I say it could be done for the same money.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #46
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Race car 1000 lbs lighter than a z 1500 lighter than a GTR sticky tires, track specific alignment, and race-car stiff suspension. Your logic is still flawed.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #47
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
A stock 5.0 is more optimized for the track than a porsche? Please.
Boxer, Yes. Cayman, Yes. Cayenne, Yes. 911 S, I doubt it. The test had to be done on different days with different conditions or with different drivers.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #48
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What was your best time with the R888 tires? What is your best time now with the new tires and what tire is it again?
Hoosier R6 (still a DOT tire) 1:49 18/275 front 19/315 rear
R888 (full tread depth) 1:52 18/275 from 19/295 rear
-Both tires are DOT approved and not true Gumball slicks-

These times were run with NO aero modifications on factory base model calipers with Hawk Blue pads and DBA rotors. Full weight as the car came from the factory. The car had more in it, on the hoosiers. I didn't change the alignment at all when switching to the stickier rubber which resulted in me cording the outside edge of the front left tire.
Next time out I added the Wilwood brakes, a lot of chamber, swapped out the rear sway bar and took the front bar to a higher stiffness setting. To many changes at once spun in the first session which resulted in flat spotting both rear tires bad enough to kill the day.

Fastest 5.0 lap was a 2:02. 100% stock!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Like Carlos, you misunderstood. I just prefer to let it go out long than it needs to. My post was supplementive to the one above. No where did I say it could be done for the same money.
I think you just realized you were wrong and now you're clinging to semantics because you don't like to admit you're wrong. IMHO
Old 08-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #50
Internet Tough Guy

We can do a all mustang track day. Any takers? The vette won't be ready until late fall, but I can put some of the old vette tires on the stang to play.