Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
You can always do my car :-P
Lol i don't think I'm quite "qualified" to do that yet. Mine turned out surprisingly well but I don't think I'm ready for people to put their faith in my hands to paint their car. Maybe when i get a little more experience because I'm planning on doing another car real soon here. A friend who already has a nasty paint job.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
Lol i don't think I'm quite "qualified" to do that yet. Mine turned out surprisingly well but I don't think I'm ready for people to put their faith in my hands to paint their car. Maybe when i get a little more experience because I'm planning on doing another car real soon here. A friend who already has a nasty paint job.
Painting is the easy part. Its all about the prep that you do before. Yours came out really really well.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Painting is the easy part. Its all about the prep that you do before. Yours came out really really well.
Lol well thanks man. Yea i've attempted to do this sort of thing a couple times before and it never turned out like this.

This time i actually did my homework and prep work. I spent 2-3 hours everyday after work for a week, and spend 2 hours on a saturday for the final work. What car did you want it done on?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #14

some new parking lamps would really wake up the front end.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87LX View Post
some new parking lamps would really wake up the front end.
Yea, i want to invest in some. I have the passenger side cover thank god. The passenger side can be found in like new condition for a couple hundred bucks. That's only the corner lamp. For everything I'm needing even kinda busted up will still run me a few hundred. SVO parts are hard to come by nowadays. I like your LX, 5.0?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #16

wow, I had no clue svo parts were worth that much. I saw a few at the pnp. If they are still there I may have to see whats not busted.
Yep, 5.0. I just finished putting it back together. two years and thousands of dollars later I no longer have a mustang shaped lawn ornament.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87LX View Post
wow, I had no clue svo parts were worth that much. I saw a few at the pnp. If they are still there I may have to see whats not busted.
Yep, 5.0. I just finished putting it back together. two years and thousands of dollars later I no longer have a mustang shaped lawn ornament.
Yea SVO specific parts are pretty pricy. LOl just don't try to sell them on SVO forums you'll get flamed and banned pretty quick. Just craigslist it, or better yet hit me up But really though if you see some and can get some covers let me know i will buy them off you. My car would look complete with them, i just bought lowering springs as well so my car will look real aggressive.

That's dope, i wanna see pics on your welcome post!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #18

If they are still there I will see if there are any lamps. there was one bonafied svo and another 4 banger that had a bumper cover.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #19

Oh man no joke? Those are exactly the parts i need, i need headlamp covers all around, and a front bumper cover because mine is cracked in 4 spots. I wish i could come across a svo i could pull stuff off of. All the pick a parts i go to around my area are pretty well gone through every week. Let me know if you find those parts!