Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #101
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Yeah, I just looked on CL and the cheapest LS3 Vette I've found locally was about 28k. You're saying you're seeing them for 10k less. I just don't see it. You're a CL master no doubt, but again, I haven't seen ANY cars as cheap as you describe and I've been watching the Corvette market very carefully.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #102
pain's fun, hit me again

Well as much as I love proving people wrong I dont have time to hunt, no one said anything about local. When I hunt I look all over the country. If someone was activly looking for one, I might designate more time to it, but frankly its not a priority so i'm not going to waste my time with it.

FWIW, my deal hunting skills yielded me (2) Maximum Motorsports Panhard bars for $100 last friday. If there is a steal, I will find it, or offer someone to make it a steal.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #103
pain's fun, hit me again

Another thing I have to say, when these items are listed for these prices they dont stay listed for very long. Even if I do my thing, by the time I post something, its likely to be gone.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #104
I, Vettezuki

Here's what I'd be comfortable saying about the C6 used market, based casual looking a few times over the past year, most recently a couple months ago.

Good to Awesome (my definition) C6Z $33k-37k
Good to Awesome (my definition) C6 $20k-25k

The best used car deals are almost always outside of CA. Ask Nordy Racer about what some shit hot cars and motorcycles are going for back home on the east coast. The best vette deals I've stumbled across have been in TX, which if memory serves is where Aaron got his. Blackax just drove a Trooper from NM because of the deal.

For me awesome does not mean mint/show/like new. It means very clean, undamaged, little where, light use, and low/reasoanble mileage.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #105
pain's fun, hit me again

Even norcal prices are considerably lower, i drove my truck back from sacramento.

Stopping the world!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #106
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Here's what I'd be comfortable saying about the C6 used market, based casual looking a few times over the past year, most recently a couple months ago.

Good to Awesome (my definition) C6Z $33k-37k
Good to Awesome (my definition) C6 $20k-25k

The best used car deals are almost always outside of CA. Ask Nordy Racer about what some shit hot cars and motorcycles are going for back home on the east coast. The best vette deals I've stumbled across have been in TX, which if memory serves is where Aaron got his. Blackax just drove a Trooper from NM because of the deal.

For me awesome does not mean mint/show/like new. It means very clean, undamaged, little where, light use, and low/reasoanble mileage.
Look, I hear what you're saying, but literally you can't find one C6Z that fits that criteria. Maybe at 37k, but certainly not below that. This is including Autotrader, Ebaymotors, CL, and Vetteforums.

I could easily find an LS2 C6 in that range, but not an LS3.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #107
pain's fun, hit me again

You know what they say about that "can't" word. I've heard it a thousand times. Usually its from people who arent willing to try, I have seen them, Ben has seen them, they have existed. Saying that one can't is a bold word. I can list out the list of "can't" i have achieved if you like

Stopping the world!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #108
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
You know what they say about that "can't" word. I've heard it a thousand times. Usually its from people who arent willing to try, I have seen them, Ben has seen them, they have existed. Saying that one can't is a bold word. I can list out the list of "can't" i have achieved if you like
I'm saying at the present time, you can't find a lower mileage (less than 40k), clean C6Z for 35k.

After the C7 comes out, I think it'll definitely be possible though.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #109
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Look, I hear what you're saying, but literally you can't find one C6Z that fits that criteria. Maybe at 37k, but certainly not below that. This is including Autotrader, Ebaymotors, CL, and Vetteforums.

I could easily find an LS2 C6 in that range, but not an LS3.
I don't know about the LS3s so much, but just a couple months ago there were a couple C6Zs in TX in that $35k-$37k range. They were good deals and got snapped up right away. That's part of the reality with demanded goods with an excellent intersection of price/quality, they don't stay on the market long. So yes, it's not like these are commonly available on a daily basis necessarily, a little outside of norms, but they do exist. That's all I'm saying. As for COMMON pricing for C6Zs in very good/excellent condition, that's more in the mid/high 40s.

Basically you're correctly pointing to the typically available, we're pointing to the possible (has existed).

And uber yes, when the C7 comes out, C6Zs will start to be commonly available in the $30s (current dollars).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #110
pain's fun, hit me again

Again, you're limiting your search to local, we're talking about nation wide. Nothing wrong with a $100 plane ticket and a nice drive to get to know your new car

I'll search lightly to see what i can find, but i'm not likely to find much if anything from my phone, which is where 99% of my posts are done from now.

Stopping the world!