Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
FWD = FAIL

Default gsxrs are great

Just thought i would share my opinion. having own one and riding a lot of different bikes out there. The gsxr series from Suzuki has to be one if not the best out there. But if your interested on good bikes I'm willing to help you all pick one sport,crusier or other im willing to help
Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
Just thought i would share my opinion. having own one and riding a lot of different bikes out there. The gsxr series from Suzuki has to be one if not the best out there. But if your interested on good bikes I'm willing to help you all pick one sport,crusier or other im willing to help
What do you think of the new Kawasaki ZX-14? That thing seems psychotic. I'm not sure what this is in the right lane, but holy crap is it fast.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
FWD = FAIL

its very fast...heck its super fast. and out the box with a tune and nothing else some of them are picking up 5-10rwhp which might not sound like much but when you putting down 150+hp down its a world of difference on something that is so light. now as a canyon rider and track lover you would think i would say they are horrible. but they aren't they aren't great either but better then the older hayabusas and well even some of the older 1ks. but remember the new busa is out and they are really close on that you might have to go on looks over performance cause they are so close. and they bikes are high 8-low 9 sec bikes stock with the correct riders they are no joke.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I love GSXRs, a little to much. I was talking with two guys, one who had an R1 the other a GSXR. They both said that they liked the R1 better, but that both bikes were as fast and hadled the same. Just that the R1 was a little more comfortable and less wide.

I want a bike sooo bad. But I'm too afraid to drive one with other cars on the road. If I had one I'd probably only have the balls to take it out at night.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I love GSXRs, a little to much. I was talking with two guys, one who had an R1 the other a GSXR. They both said that they liked the R1 better, but that both bikes were as fast and hadled the same. Just that the R1 was a little more comfortable and less wide.

I want a bike sooo bad. But I'm too afraid to drive one with other cars on the road. If I had one I'd probably only have the balls to take it out at night.

My thoughts exactly. I love the idea of a bike - quick, efficient, cost effective, but everyday driving home on the freeway I'm reminded of why I would never own one. I had a lady almost change lanes into me today in an Aztek. If I'm in my car, I live and my car would be wrecked - if I'm on a bike and that happens though I'm dead.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Before I bought my Vette I seriously considered both sport bikes and cruisers. (Actually, my first thought was to get a WWII vintage BMW R75, but that's a different story.) Same conclusion, it's not the bike that scares me, but other cars. I still entertain the idea of something in the 600 - 750cc range and taking it only to the track days.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-25-2008, 01:41 AM   #7
FWD = FAIL

its serious ive been hit a few times on the freeway just the cars bumping into you cause they aren't paying attention and probably talking on the cell phone. it sucks but bikes now are so damn fast that its just wrong how fast they are. and then add that to idiots on the road. you do the math. its something you have to think long and hard about i pulled 2 life insurance policys on me when i started just so if something happens my stuff/family are taken care of. anyways if your scared ride on weeks with other bikes(normally the safest) and then do track days...oh yeah
Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #8

Default 08 Gsxr600

I have an 08 GSXR600 it is one of the best bikes i have had, comparing it to my first was a honda 929RR, and an 05 R6. it is by far one of the best i have ever rode. I was just at the track last weekend and i was turning 11.838 in a quarter at 120.86 mph all stock ecxept for some weight reduction.