Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #1

Default socal-evo-meet but all should come!

Ok everyone we now have final details on the events and happenings that will take place at the SoCalEVO meet #21.

We are aiming to have the largest SoCalEvo.net event in quite some time. We have gone as far as legally closing down our front street to make room for all of the members and some of the really nice EVO's for displaying. We will also be holding an awesome raffle which will include some of the best prizes you have seen. All the companies below will be donating to the raffle so be sure and get your raffle tickets while at the event.

Some of the big names attending the meet are:

Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT)
K&N Engineering
Tuning Technologies
SKUNK 2 Racing
Redline Oil
Streetfire.com
Import Tuner Magazine

Another part of the raffle will be in regards to the dynamometer for the day of the event. We will be strapping 4 to 5 EVO's on the rollers that day and need to know who is interested. We encourage everyone to apply but make sure your car is in the proper condition to be dyno'd When you send us your email dyno request please include the YEAR of your Evo and include a complete modifications list. Also, please note if your car has been tuned or not in the email. We would really like to see some high powered cars that day, so send in your apps. The show special cost for the dyno that day is $25 if you're selected. Please send all emails to sales at tuningtechnologies.com

As for parking, we have reserved plenty of room for everyone. Fogg Street will be orange coned off (From Rancho Ave to 5th Street) with people directing traffic. The coned off portion of Fogg will strictly be set aside for EVO's to parallel park next to one another. If you belong to a EVO car club/caravan or are part of a local meet and would like to set aside some space to show off your cars; please send call us at 909-783-1200 or send us a email and let us know how many will be in your group. We can then set aside designated spaces for you guys. If you're not in a caravan/club/local meet then it will be first come first serve for this up-front parking. We encourage show cars to come so everyone can view and appreciate your ride.

Some of the events taking place on that day will be:

Due to the current state of the economy (its in the toilet), we have decided to celebrate this by holding a full blown toilet racing competition. We will have toilet themed go-karts (electric), a restroom inspired inflatable race track and announcer to keep track of the fun n games. The cost to join the fun will be $2 per person per race.

Next will be a drag racing oriented contest. We will have a full sized Drag racing tree with hand held push-button devices. We will be measuring reaction times to the tree sequences to see just who is the quickest on SoCalEvo. The cost will be $1 per person per event (3 to 4 events for the whole day) and there will be a ladder system to determine who is the quickest. The quickest RT of each event will compete against the other event winners. The 1st and 2nd place people at the end of the day will split the pot from the entire day at a 80% and 20% split respectively.

Best costume and sexiest girls costume will both be awarded trophies. Here is a pic of the trophies. You are more than welcome to change into your costume here at the shop.

There will be a DJ at the event to keep the party jumping. Hot models and go-go dancers to pose with you and your EVO too! Here is a link to a couple of the models' myspace pages.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=31647720
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=413422062

Import Tuner Magazine will also be here to cover the event with photography and the video will be rolling from the boys over at Streetfire.net.

For lunch there will be Fresh Mexican style street style tacos hot off the grill with homemade salsa.

To top it all off, we have Hookah Express coming out for the day with all their hookahs in a one of a kind race car smoking lounge featuring exotic flavors of smoking tobacco. $10 will allow you to rent a hookah and includes your choice of tobacco. Tobacco refills will be $5. Click on the link to visit their myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...a-d5b58133225e

We hope to see all of you and your EVO's out here for a fun filled day of food, girls, raffles, games and contests. All people are welcome so we will see you HERE!!

Tuning Technologies

****so this looks like its gonna be a nice event and the owners of the shop asked me to invite whoever and make this meet even bigger

im also gonna try and get them to put my car on the dyno :-) FUCK YA!!!

also in short this is the meet in a nut shell

-dyno runs
-DJ
-Hookah
-Food
-a few members are gonna bring some DRANKS lol imm try and bring a keg
-car magizine coverage
-chicks
-costumes
-and most likely some afterpartying

so bring friends and some family
lets get down enjoy some cars and make this party a little more divers
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

My schedule is getting a bit dense. But I'm going to try to make it and bring the Vette, park it right in the middle of Evo land. Plus, Hookah? Toilet racing? These are my kinda of people.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #3

whats the address of tuning tech? loc of meet?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderiff View Post
whats the address of tuning tech? loc of meet?
its

472 w. fogg st.
Colton, CA 92324

its in colton if you coming from LA or OC take the 10-E get off and rancho ave and make a right and drive till u hit a stop sign and ull see a sea of cars im guessing mostly of the 4 cylinder turbo nature lol

the freeway exit is about 5-6 exits past the exit u would take to get to cali speedway.

starts around 11am-ish also any liquor u guys wanna bring feel free to do so ill have a cooler handy :-D
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #5

please start bumping this on the my350z forums!!! i am positive that alot of those people are gonna want to go 4 sure!!! my name is vqz33 on that forum ill post a link to this on that forum right now is that all good?????
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqz33 View Post
please start bumping this on the my350z forums!!! i am positive that alot of those people are gonna want to go 4 sure!!! my name is vqz33 on that forum ill post a link to this on that forum right now is that all good?????
Go for it, tell them to sign up here too. We always have something going on
Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Go for it, tell them to sign up here too. We always have something going on
Alright 4 sure i threw it up on the forum and threw a link up on there so u should have a few more members on this forum as of soon haha!!! Let's blow this thing up!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqz33 View Post
Alright 4 sure i threw it up on the forum and threw a link up on there so u should have a few more members on this forum as of soon haha!!! Let's blow this thing up!!!
nice man like i said the owners of the shop love me and know i like to have a good time so the told me to invite everyone i could and make sure they know how to have a good time as well lol.......theres already gonna be around 100 evo's sense it is a socalevo meet but all cars are welcome

maybe we can even make a lil convoy there who knows?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
My schedule is getting a bit dense. But I'm going to try to make it and bring the Vette, park it right in the middle of Evo land. Plus, Hookah? Toilet racing? These are my kinda of people.
If you do go, I'll probably hitch a ride with you. Let me know.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
If you do go, I'll probably hitch a ride with you. Let me know.

If we can go out mid morning and come back mid afternoon, I'm pretty sure I'll go.

CornFed: Can you schedule a dyno slot? If so, we'll tape it yo.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)