Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #2351
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I matched Rons time at the roval in my stock 5.0. Between the NT05s and the Vortech I think it's safe to say he had an advantage. We will be going to the track at some point. I have taken a lot of weight out of the car, added massive brakes, aero and a lot of cooling. I'm going hard with NASA in spring.
How did he have an advantage? Similar power, weight, gearing, yet your 5.0 has a MUCH better suspension design.
390rwhp vs 417rwhp is not much of an advantage.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #2352
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I matched Rons time at the roval in my stock 5.0. Between the NT05s and the Vortech I think it's safe to say he had an advantage. We will be going to the track at some point. I have taken a lot of weight out of the car, added massive brakes, aero and a lot of cooling. I'm going hard with NASA in spring.
I'd be surprised if you didn't beat him. You both have talent, but you've had radically more training and track time. But I'd be curious to see a more objective comparison, not a bunch of proxies, that's all.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #2353
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
How did he have an advantage? Similar power, weight, gearing, yet your 5.0 has a MUCH better suspension design.
Probably quite a bit more power under the curve. And tires, tires, tires. However, I think Ron had only the front brakes that day AIR. So that's a big debit. Anyone, this is kinda silly to compare these for anything other than a passing judgement if the intent is to isolate the driver parameter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #2354
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Your facts are all false. Ron's old motor had 460 rwhp. That's an advantage. Stock 5.0 are in the 360-370 range. NT05 are sticker than the Pirellis that came on my car. Have you ever driven the roval? I didn't think so. It's fast and 100 rwhp will go a long way there. I had a 96 with a procharger on it. The 5.0 has better suspension, but its not really that much better. I know you've read it on the Internet and probably watch some YouTube videos gassing it up, but its still a mustang with a live axle. You would know if you drove it.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #2355
Neanderthal

Quote:
So I had a tire blow out today on the freeway. Absolutely destroyed the bed, bumper, tail light and tailgate.
Sorry to hear that.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #2356
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Probably quite a bit more power under the curve. And tires, tires, tires. However, I think Ron had only the front brakes that day AIR. So that's a big debit. Anyone, this is kinda silly to compare these for anything other than a passing judgement if the intent is to isolate the driver parameter.
Doubt it, Variable timing makes them pretty even.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #2357
Internet Tough Guy

Of course variable timing is like VTEC sure he has 100 rwhp more, but its all over when my VTEC kicks in! LOL. Guy, let me know when your ready to stop Internet bench racing for Ron and your ready to get with me on the track.

Ben, get off your ass and get a nut swinger smiley.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #2358
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Your facts are all false. Ron's old motor had 460 rwhp. That's an advantage. Stock 5.0 are in the 360-370 range. NT05 are sticker than the Pirellis that came on my car. Have you ever driven the roval? I didn't think so. It's fast and 100 rwhp will go a long way there. I had a 96 with a procharger on it. The 5.0 has better suspension, but its not really that much better. I know you've read it on the Internet and probably watch some YouTube videos gassing it up, but its still a mustang with a live axle. You would know if you drove it.
Yeah, completely forget the fact that I drove an 07 every day for 3 years. I know those are WILDLY different though

The S197 chassis is better in every way, but sure lets compare only the back end of the car to a chassis designed in the 70's. You can completely forget the better k-member design, steering rack, a-arms, McPherson setup, weight distribution, blah blah blah. All parts I have personally worked on, upgraded and raced on.

Frankly I'm fucking tired of your holier than though attitude when it comes to what I know, I build my shit, race my shit, and don't ever brag about what i've accomplished or what not. I give a hard time but you've brought it up more than once that what I have done and know is all based off the google search theory. Google is free, and yes I spend a lot of time reading but i'm also out there running my stuff. I just don't feel the need to get online and post about it.

So for the record, google built my engines, painted my cars, powdercoated my parts, did my interior, wired the cars, installed my stereo, did my axle, etc etc. I'll make sure I remember that

Stopping the world!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #2359
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Of course variable timing is like VTEC sure he has 100 rwhp more, but its all over when my VTEC kicks in! LOL. Guy, let me know when your ready to stop Internet bench racing for Ron and your ready to get with me on the track.

Ben, get off your ass and get a but swinger smiley.
Who's the ass swinger here? Every time I post you make a comment about my work being based off of google.

I'm done getting into it with you, when my bottom of the barrel priority of racing a car that I don't give a shit about comes to fruition I hope that your new technology takes out my $8200 budget build. Until then I will enjoy the build and focus on shit in my life that really matters.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #2360
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Sorry to hear that.
Shit happens, things could be worse. I'm not injured.

Stopping the world!