Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
The dynojet is at Superior Automotive in Anaheim. My guess would be the dynojet since it shows a loss of 18% from the rated flywheel hp from the factory. Both runs on the dynapack was with the tuned PCM. The first run the engine was pulling timing because the tune was very aggressive and most likely optimized for 93 Octane gas. I wanted a safe tune for the engine so it runs a little fat and the timing for spark is not as aggressive. However my cam timing is as aggressive as possible without tripping error codes. Although I did not gain very much peak power, the car feels much more stronger in the lower gears since the blower bypass stay closed, bringing in the boost quicker, the throttle opens quicker and wide open in second and third. The transmissions shift a little quicker and firmer in normal mode and I no longer have the drawn out second to third shift when the transmission is cold. In sport mode the transmission shift much quicker and firmer and will make the tires break loose going into second and make the rear squirm shifting into third. Manual mode the transmission shifts very fast and very firm. I am very happy with the tune and highly recommend one.

Bob
Who did the tune, and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

You need to find out what correction factor they used on the Dynapack. You can see that they used the SAE J1349 correction factor on the Dynojet. The standard for it is Air temp 77 deg F (25 deg C), 29.235 Inches- Hg (990 mb) altitude-corrected barometric pressure, 0 ft ( 0 m) altitude, 0% relative humidity. So say it was a 95 degrees outside with low pressure and high humidity the correction factor could be something like 1.146. If they didn't use a correction factor on the Dynapack then with the 1.146 correction the horsepower would then be 446.72.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #13

I went directly to CAT. Spectre Performance was able to get a 36whp gain on a Mustang dyno in Ontario when the outside temp was over 100F. Mustang dyno's read lower than the dynojet and the heat that was coming out of my engine compartment was tremendous and I can hear the engine pulling timing. I am quite confident in cooler temps and on a dynojet with an intake that does not have weld flashing in the airflow will give me the 40whp that I am hoping for. The cone filter replacing the stock air filter assembly gave a 16whp bump in power alone. The rest of the piping from the MAF rearward gave the rest of the bump in power. Without all the silencing from the stock set up the supercharger whine is incredible once you get more than about 6 lbs of boost. When I took the car on a test drive in over 100F heat I saw the boost gauge peg, 15lbs in second gear.
I plan on taking the car back over to CAT when the new intake is installed to make sure that I don't have a lean condition and see if any more tweaking is needed. Then I plan on running the car at Superior again to see what gains the dynojet records.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
You need to find out what correction factor they used on the Dynapack. You can see that they used the SAE J1349 correction factor on the Dynojet. The standard for it is Air temp 77 deg F (25 deg C), 29.235 Inches- Hg (990 mb) altitude-corrected barometric pressure, 0 ft ( 0 m) altitude, 0% relative humidity. So say it was a 95 degrees outside with low pressure and high humidity the correction factor could be something like 1.146. If they didn't use a correction factor on the Dynapack then with the 1.146 correction the horsepower would then be 446.72.
A Dynapack dyno was not involved. A Dynomite was, and it has been my experience reviewing their charts that Dynomite dynos always read extremely high, regardless of whether a correction factor was used.

However, Dynopack dynos are a different story, and they might read a tad high due in part to the removal of the wheels and tires, and their mathematical formula.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Who did the tune, and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking?
CAT did the tune and I got a cash discount $400 dollars IIRC. He did spend about 5 hours testing and tweaking and cooling off the supercharger. Shawn has a lot of experience tuning these LC3's, probably more that anyone else in the area.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #16

03-19-2009: 04:19 PM: (JTHennessey) True Cold Air Intakes – Instock!: “True Cold Air intakes – Instock”: Want to add a quick 15 hp? This is the solution. Completely replaces the factory intake system with our true cold air intake. Last week, Nick @ American Racing Headers was able to test this induction system and was able to show a gain of 18 rwhp!!! Awesome setup. Images attached to this post

05-21-2009: 09:06 AM: “New Era CTS-V Cold Air Intake”: Mike @ New Era tuned a 09 CTSV and tested our intake on it. It made 451rwhp and 437rwtq in stock form and it picked up 34rwhp and 28rwtq with the New Era 09 CTSV intake untuned. After Mike tuned it, it made 505rwhp and 470rwtq.
05-14-2010: 03:11 PM: KPE Cold Air Intake: Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection molded plastic tube and large filter protected in sealed powdercoated aluminum box. Makes 24 RWHP on a stock motor and even more with other modifications.

06-06-2010: 06:32 PM: Airaid 250-253 - Best prices – Free Shipping!: Airaid Cold Air Intake System for the 2009-2010 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L Supercharged V8 includes a modular intake tube, air dam and highflow washable air filter. This System will give you 28 HP and 43 FT/LBS of Torque with out a Tune.

07-31-2010: 04:55 PM: KPE: Re: All KPE CAI owners………Instead of using our car, we grabbed a used 2010 CTS-V straight off the lot from our local Cadillac Dealer with 7980 miles which was bone stock. We then installed the KPE intake, and they ran the car again on the dyno..………….they took the average of the three runs which proved an 11 hp increase. They did have a run that showed +20 but the average at full temperature was +11.

07-31-2010: 06:53 PM: newcadman: Re: All KPE CAI owners: As indicated I took my 2009 V auto V (7000 miles) to the same (dynojet) dyno where it was previously tested when it was bone stock…………… Three pulls were made with the now installed KPE cai. End result, the engine made 8 MORE rwhp on its best pull than it did on its previous best bone stock pull.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The dynosheet says SAE correction if that helps. I mainly see the dynos as a tool to see what changes in the tq curve any mod give the cars. I seek to maximize the area under the tq curve not necessarily have the highest peak power. I know a few dyno queens that have very impressive peak numbers but are crappy to drive on the streets. Both dynosheets show an increase in tq at low rpm which was what I was seeking along with drivablity improvements.
All three times the temps were between 68 in the morning to 74 in the early afternoon. I ran the car in April and June.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #18

I can't speak for the CTS-V, but for the STS-V the stage 2 part of the intake from the MAF to the supercharger is much, much larger than stock (from under 2" inner diameter to over 3") and have no baffles in the airstream. I witnessed the gains that they got on the mustang dyno.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #19

03-19-2009: 04:19 PM: (JTHennessey) True Cold Air Intakes – Instock!: “True Cold Air intakes – Instock”: Want to add a quick 15 hp? This is the solution. Completely replaces the factory intake system with our true cold air intake. Last week, Nick @ American Racing Headers was able to test this induction system and was able to show a gain of 18 rwhp!!! Awesome setup. Images attached to this post

05-21-2009: 09:06 AM: “New Era CTS-V Cold Air Intake”: Mike @ New Era tuned a 09 CTSV and tested our intake on it. It made 451rwhp and 437rwtq in stock form and it picked up 34rwhp and 28rwtq with the New Era 09 CTSV intake untuned. After Mike tuned it, it made 505rwhp and 470rwtq.
05-14-2010: 03:11 PM: KPE Cold Air Intake: Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection molded plastic tube and large filter protected in sealed powdercoated aluminum box. Makes 24 RWHP on a stock motor and even more with other modifications.

06-06-2010: 06:32 PM: Airaid 250-253 - Best prices – Free Shipping!: Airaid Cold Air Intake System for the 2009-2010 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L Supercharged V8 includes a modular intake tube, air dam and highflow washable air filter. This System will give you 28 HP and 43 FT/LBS of Torque with out a Tune.

07-31-2010: 04:55 PM: KPE: Re: All KPE CAI owners………Instead of using our car, we grabbed a used 2010 CTS-V straight off the lot from our local Cadillac Dealer with 7980 miles which was bone stock. We then installed the KPE intake, and they ran the car again on the dyno..………….they took the average of the three runs which proved an 11 hp increase. They did have a run that showed +20 but the average at full temperature was +11.

07-31-2010: 06:53 PM: newcadman: Re: All KPE CAI owners: As indicated I took my 2009 V auto V (7000 miles) to the same (dynojet) dyno where it was previously tested when it was bone stock…………… Three pulls were made with the now installed KPE cai. End result, the engine made 8 MORE rwhp on its best pull than it did on its previous best bone stock pull.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #20

The Spectre Performance intake will look like D3's

http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-cont...-Intake.05.jpg

All the pictures that I have seen for the CTS-V is just the cone filter and not a complete replacement of the intake system like on the STS-V. That change may make the difference that is not seen on the CTS-V
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z