Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Insurance question.

Please forward to Mrs. ForumGod.

How much more would I be paying to insure a salvaged title bike? I found a nice 04 GSXR that is cheap because it's a salvage, never been wrecked, it was stolen.

I've only had one ticket and that was in 07. No accidents, I'm 24... ummm... I like long walks on the beach. Hahaha, not sure what else you'd need to know. I don't want you to do any actual work to give me a real number, just looking for an off the top of your head number or percentage.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Dear Mr. Enkeivette,

I wouldn't have a clue what it would cost. Sorry...

I'm in claims and that is an underwriting question. Sorry dude....but I can give you the name and number of my personal agent who would be more than willing to help ya out.

Remland Insurance
Attn: Sonya or Gary
Located off the Orange circle in orange

Sincerely,
Mrs. ForumGod
Old 03-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I called my insurance company, there would be no difference in price. But $1300 a year for just liability and theft! I think I need to call one of those hundred of tv commercial companies that all seem to have the exclusive lowest rate.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I called my insurance company, there would be no difference in price. But $1300 a year for just liability and theft! I think I need to call one of those hundred of tv commercial companies that all seem to have the exclusive lowest rate.
All liter/sport bikes are very expensive. Another reason I love my Bandit. It's sporty (11 second quarter stock) but is peanuts for insurance. I think I'm like $75 a year for minimum liability.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
All liter/sport bikes are very expensive. Another reason I love my Bandit. It's sporty (11 second quarter stock) but is peanuts for insurance. I think I'm like $75 a year for minimum liability.
But GSXRs are pretty. Keep in mind, when you call for an estimate you don't have to tell them that you're 24.

Here is how the insurance math works.

XY years of age (customer) + A vehicle type / BC vehicle year = $ Rate

If X = 2, triple the rate. If X = 1, quadruple the rate.

If A = GSXR/ CBR/ R6, R1/ 749, 996, triple the rate.

If A = Sportbike and X = 2, add a zero behind the rate and try to scare the customer away. Bad investment! Above functions still need to be factored in.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Please forward to Mrs. ForumGod.

How much more would I be paying to insure a salvaged title bike? I found a nice 04 GSXR that is cheap because it's a salvage, never been wrecked, it was stolen.

I've only had one ticket and that was in 07. No accidents, I'm 24... ummm... I like long walks on the beach. Hahaha, not sure what else you'd need to know. I don't want you to do any actual work to give me a real number, just looking for an off the top of your head number or percentage.
So would you be buying a stolen bike? How does that work?...I'm not familiar with bikes and stolen things (I just deal with cars - aka 4 wheels)
Old 03-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
So would you be buying a stolen bike? How does that work?...I'm not familiar with bikes and stolen things (I just deal with cars - aka 4 wheels)
It's a legit title, I'd be buying it from a private party. It was probably a lien sale at one point, but now it's just like anything else.

I guess when a car is stolen and not recovered before the insurance pays it off, it gets a salvage title. Having done body work I can now spot anything other than an absolutely perfect repair. It's surprising how many cars have had work done. Every day on the freeway I spot three or four cars every minute. So if it was a wreck and not a theft recovery, I'd know.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
It's a legit title, I'd be buying it from a private party. It was probably a lien sale at one point, but now it's just like anything else.

I guess when a car is stolen and not recovered before the insurance pays it off, it gets a salvage title. Having done body work I can now spot anything other than an absolutely perfect repair. It's surprising how many cars have had work done. Every day on the freeway I spot three or four cars every minute. So if it was a wreck and not a theft recovery, I'd know.
So, has my Vette ever been wrecked?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
FWD = FAIL

Well I need said pics for the bike. Cause my last bike was a gsxr 600 04 and frame was straight just needs ALL farings hell the tank was even good( I don't think they should have salvaged it). ANYWAYS I paid for full coverage and then some with a $100 deductable it was like 56 dollars or something like that with statefarm. Now my new bike its like damn near 100. On a side note from what I hear some ins companys won't insure those kinda bikes don't know if its true or not but just giving you a heads up. But depending on where the bike is I'd be willing to look at it for ya hell even put it threw its paces if need be. Just shoot me a pm.