Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #1

Talking Speedway Motorcycle racing!!!

Just wanted to see what people think about it!!! Im a semi pro racer and if there is anyone that wants to know more about it let me know its a blast!!! Just some general information about the racing at my track, most of the racing is 4 laps with 4-5 racers and take about 1 min (6 laps for handicap qualifying and 8 for the main event and there use to me a 25 lap race ) the bikes go 6-60mph in less the 2.5 secs and average 60mph in a 1/8 mile oval tack over 120mph on the bigger tracks keeping it sideways/drifting 95% of the time!!! one of the things that makes this Motorsport (one of the originals) outrageous is the bikes have no breaks!!! the bikes are 500cc's and run off methanol have about 85-100hp and weigh about 175lbs
Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Default Where?

Where do you guys do this kind of racing? Wonder if they'd let yo install a little lipstick camera on your bike. I bet you that would make for some exciting footage!

When I was a kid, about 10 years old, I used to pretend to do this kind of racing on my BMX by hauling ass down the walk ways at school (after hours) and sliding around the slick concrete corners.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #3

Yeah Bro BMX sliding starts it all LOL!!! But let me tell you it’s a whole different world when you have that much power looking for traction. The first time I raced I went into turn 1 on the throttle and went out in the soft stuff let off and the tire got traction it sent me in the turn 2/back straight wall. So the "crash wall" as we call it and desisted we don’t like each other!!!! It’s in Costa Mesa CA you can go to speedwaybikes.com and they have a helmet cam with my buddy Sean there’s one I saw that you can soooo well how close we get when they say elbow to elbow racing here it is!!! There are also other clips!!!! Go under the contents tab then click on video and to Xtreme Speedway Action there is also almost all the info of where other tracks are and stuff!!!! check it out and tell me what you think there is also another awesome example on youtube that shows you the dark side of that tire getting traction!!!! i couldent put ther video here so i will set up a link