Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Here is the route that we are taking for the cruise. My buddy pre-ran the route and said it's a lot of fun with some great twisty areas. We are going to meet at Nick's at 4:00p.m. and leave on the cruise hopefully by 4:30. This should get us back in plenty of time for the meet at 6:30. See you guys there
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Here is the route that we are taking for the cruise. My buddy pre-ran the route and said it's a lot of fun with some great twisty areas. We are going to meet at Nick's at 4:00p.m. and leave on the cruise hopefully by 4:30. This should get us back in plenty of time for the meet at 6:30. See you guys there
Your buddy is a hell of a guy. I think on this site, most people know who he is. BTW, said buddy hasn't copmleted the return leg yet, but we'll probably just shoot over to Euclid and down to Orangethorpe.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Your buddy is a hell of a guy. I think on this site, most people know who he is. BTW, said buddy hasn't copmleted the return leg yet, but we'll probably just shoot over to Euclid and down to Orangethorpe.
I know he is, but I post this on 25+ boards and some people might not know who he is yet
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Did a prerun today and I think the route is going to pretty much look like this.

The Canyon between C and D is one of the best, if not the best driving road local to these parts. It is VERY technical, you'll be continually steering, double apex turns, decreasing radius turns, continuous elevation change, on and off camber turns, damn narrow with an okay surface. Absolutely PERFECT for a ralley style car or shorter wheelbase sports car.
Should I bother putting on the sport cups or will nobody be able to keep up with the PS2s.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post

Should I bother putting on the sport cups or will nobody be able to keep up with the PS2s.
No joke, you could probably run the whole thing in 1st, with touches of 2nd, it's that tight. It's not really well suited to a Vette's strenghts, but a ralley car. But it'll be fun for everyone who manages to keep i on the road.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

Even if you could run it in first, I would run it in second. Much smoother throttle application. I did an autocross in third ( was too load in second 97db) and only lost about 2 seconds.

Let the tires warm up and you'd be suprised.

I would like to get with a fast group and video a canyon run. Nothing super illegal. Just some spirited driving and good lines.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Even if you could run it in first, I would run it in second. Much smoother throttle application. I did an autocross in third ( was too load in second 97db) and only lost about 2 seconds.

Let the tires warm up and you'd be suprised.

I would like to get with a fast group and video a canyon run. Nothing super illegal. Just some spirited driving and good lines.
Sounds like a hoot. I'll say this little stretch of road is technical enough that you'd need to run it several times before stepping into the throttle or bad things will happen. So we need to keep an eye on Sean.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Sounds like a hoot. I'll say this little stretch of road is technical enough that you'd need to run it several times before stepping into the throttle or bad things will happen. So we need to keep an eye on Sean.
How dare you, the Cobra corners like it's on rails
Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The Cobra's fine. Its you. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #20
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Sean, you have been watching Pretty Woman too much.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten