Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #41
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
And a second is a damn long time depending on the kart track. I'm about a half second off my friends times when we go karting together. It doesn't help that I try to drive it the same as my Miata, or that he is a former National indoor kart champion, but those half seconds turn into a half a damn lap fairly quickly on a small course...
I held the track record by 11 seconds for that day, so she was only about a second slower.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Also, it's clear, two hour stins behind a wheel require some actual physical fitness. Pro drivers are REAL athletes for a reason. Even at this small level, the Gs are going to add up (thousands of times), then there's the bashing of the senses, the noise, the heat, the fumes. . . it is battle. Sounds fun.
I honestly wouldn't put someone who hasn't done it before behind the wheel for more than an hour or at most a tank of gas, at least for their first stint. Some people will be fine after the hour, some will be dead tired, and others will be fine for 2,3,or 4 hours. A good barometer is endurance kart racing. If you can do an hour in a rental kart race, you can do an hour in a car easily. Cal speed karting does a few team endurance races a month, which might be another good preparation tool. Lots of w2w racing, and passing, and you'll get an idea of what to expect physically.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #43
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . Cal speed karting does a few team endurance races a month, which might be another good preparation tool. Lots of w2w racing, and passing, and you'll get an idea of what to expect physically.
That's a good rec too. I'm a very progressive process oriented learner, so starting from very basic levels progressing step by step is in my personal nature.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #44

Quote:
I held the track record by 11 seconds for that day, so she was only about a second slower.
All that tells me is that there was no one else there that knew how to drive worth a damn. Heck, a halfway decent driver should be able to get within 10 seconds of a pro in just about any sort of vehicle. And again, I am not doubting anyone's ability to drive. I am just playing Captain Obvious, and pointing out things that everyone else has probably thought of, just in case someone didn't.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
All that tells me is that there was no one else there that knew how to drive worth a damn. Heck, a halfway decent driver should be able to get within 10 seconds of a pro in just about any sort of vehicle. And again, I am not doubting anyone's ability to drive. I am just playing Captain Obvious, and pointing out things that everyone else has probably thought of, just in case someone didn't.
Great, dont under-estimate anyone. Good rule to follow in racing, not saying she's a great driver, just saying she's not bad.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #46

Quote:
That's a good rec too. I'm a very progressive process oriented learner, so starting from very basic levels progressing step by step is in my personal nature.
You'll find that there is very little basic-ness (?) to actual competitive karting, even the rental classes. The people who actually take the time to do the competitive events are normally very serious, and even placing mid pack means that you have a good amount of skill. Especially if you don't have a lot of seat time specifically in karts.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #47
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
You'll find that there is very little basic-ness (?) to actual competitive karting, even the rental classes. The people who actually take the time to do the competitive events are normally very serious, and even placing mid pack means that you have a good amount of skill. Especially if you don't have a lot of seat time specifically in karts.
Not quite my point.

As for who can drive like what whether experienced or novice, only time will tell, and frankly, other than safety it doesn't really even matter. As for me my days are spent on the front lines of a multi-national, I get my "seriousness" quota surviving. This is for fun. Some kicks and giggles. That doesn't mean treat it like a joke, just I ain't going to be stressing about it either.

We'll see how it goes. We could have different "teams" for different events. I forgot Ron's brother Phil is also a nutter. With a little effort maybe we could have a very competitive racing team for this or other events. It could evolve that way. But that's not really my goal here.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #48
I, Vettezuki

See OP of finding car for pics.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32832

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Throttle Crazy will be picking up the car next Tuesday.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #50
pain's fun, hit me again

Awesome cause i just found out i wont have the trailer this weekend. Porsche sits some more.

Stopping the world!