Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #1

Default This is Fast

This is fast!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAT View Post
That's a funny sounding 350 Chevy.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAT View Post
OH man, I remember them unlimited daze decades ago, the unlimited hyrdroplane races on the Potomac River something happened and they cancelled the series....damn shame....bunch of safety/enviro mavens....

as for the Chapparal....did 55 mph fairly easy....but with 4 of us and a dawg on board...fine....nice ride.....

a few weeks later just two of them went out, doing good speed, jumped a wake from a decent sized boat....

up in the air a belly slammed the ting.....tore hell outta who knows what....

and so they SAY the engine was still running....BS, the backwash went down the DONZI style exhaust only 15" off the water level, so on the backside they throttled back as any amateur would do, and so the backwash caught them into the exhaust without a safety flapper and killed the engine....

bet me, I think I'm right....but that is NOT how they told the story...

at any rate, the brand new engine was totally destroyed, and so, hopefully with the Mercruiser outdrive exhaust horns hooked up NOW, that won't happen again....

I had thought they knew more about boats than THAT....
Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
That's a funny sounding 350 Chevy.
He-He.. It's twin TURBINE charged.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
OH man, I remember them unlimited daze decades ago, the unlimited hyrdroplane races on the Potomac River something happened and they cancelled the series....damn shame....bunch of safety/enviro mavens....

as for the Chapparal....did 55 mph fairly easy....but with 4 of us and a dawg on board...fine....nice ride.....

a few weeks later just two of them went out, doing good speed, jumped a wake from a decent sized boat....

up in the air a belly slammed the ting.....tore hell outta who knows what....

and so they SAY the engine was still running....BS, the backwash went down the DONZI style exhaust only 15" off the water level, so on the backside they throttled back as any amateur would do, and so the backwash caught them into the exhaust without a safety flapper and killed the engine....

bet me, I think I'm right....but that is NOT how they told the story...

at any rate, the brand new engine was totally destroyed, and so, hopefully with the Mercruiser outdrive exhaust horns hooked up NOW, that won't happen again....

I had thought they knew more about boats than THAT....

Way back when, I used to go to the River just about every weekend. We ran a 17 foot with a built 327.
One late afternoon -high chop- an 18 fter with a 454 goes by with 6 naked girls on board. We gave chase and caught them running thu the chop at full speed.
Well, as we caught them and were still running full out with me STANDING one foot below the wind screen and one hand on it. When between chops the timeing chain breaks-the motor quits and we nose in. Just about washes me overboard. The good thing is, the boat with the girls turns around and give us a tow to their camp. The rest, as they say, is History.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Way back when, I used to go to the River just about every weekend. We ran a 17 foot with a built 327.
One late afternoon -high chop- an 18 fter with a 454 goes by with 6 naked girls on board. We gave chase and caught them running thu the chop at full speed.
Well, as we caught them and were still running full out with me STANDING one foot below the wind screen and one hand on it. When between chops the timeing chain breaks-the motor quits and we nose in. Just about washes me overboard. The good thing is, the boat with the girls turns around and give us a tow to their camp. The rest, as they say, is History.
I have a NEW plastic timing cam gear with GM on it, on my garage wall, just for shits and giggles....

not that GM was the only one do do it, I called them the 'fuse' guaranteed to make money....

same with timing belts.....another money maker....

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
I have a NEW plastic timing cam gear with GM on it, on my garage wall, just for shits and giggles....

not that GM was the only one do do it, I called them the 'fuse' guaranteed to make money....

same with timing belts.....another money maker....

This was the GM steel tooth gear with the WIDE link belt that "never" breaks. I changed it out in 118 degree heat in no shade. I only passed out once.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #8

Quote:
This was the GM steel tooth gear with the WIDE link belt that "never" breaks. I changed it out in 118 degree heat in no shade. I only passed out once.
Cloys double roller, hell with it...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
Neanderthal

Quote:
Cloys double roller, hell with it...

Yep, the split bushing roller chains. I put a new one in the 400 in 88 and the same chain (same one out of the 88 400) in the lastest 400. It was perfect.
2016 Nissan Altma