Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #491
Power's off.

Well, the good part is Red FINALLY recieved his money back.

The bad news is, the slew of posting sewage has resumed.

Will the Cf boys see thru it?

Or will they give him the "heroes welcome?

I already know the answer, but let us see.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #492
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Well, the good part is Red FINALLY recieved his money back.

The bad news is, the slew of posting sewage has resumed.

Will the Cf boys see thru it?

Or will they give him the "heroes welcome?

I already know the answer, but let us see.

Finally!
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #493

Default In defense of D_boy (!!)

---Disclaimer--I am in no way apologizing or standing up for D_boy, I just feel this needs to be said: ( I just got a new flame suit down at Ace Hardware!)

I also posted this at VM, but thought I should put it here as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, my last (I hope!) entry into this fray...

In a perverted defense of D-boy, I must say that he provides a service that many are willing to partake of. As long as this 'service' is accepted & even appreciated elsewhere, who among us should care? Those who like it will continue to accept it, those who don't can refute it, ignore it or leave altogether. Those who profit from it will encourage it. Periodically he steps over the bounds which is where he gets jumped on, deservedly so. Also as often it is but a trifling matter not worthy of the energy expended. But he does have a vast following of believers, who are we to force our beliefs onto them?
We here all know the problems we have with him, some serious in our eyes, some less so. But he cannot & will not see or accept them --as many of his followers cannot either. Those are their problems, not ours. Only rarely, and usually only when we seek a specific one out to pursue, do we have any reason to interfere with what goes on there. None among us is perfect--although even I can say that I've never before come across anyone who professes to be more perfect than he, even in spite of evidence to the contrary.
One thing we should all be thankful for: he keeps the morons, riff-raff, and stooges located complacently together in one place. The smart ones learn & move on, the not-so-smart ones will keep coming back happily. The Kool-Aid tastes good, after all. I for one do not want VetteMOD to achieve the popularity or population of CF for it will then become subject to the same pitfalls, and degrade towards the same level of behaviors
Periodically VM recieve refugees from 'there' seeking a better place. That, I think, is the best reason for VM's existance. To gather together those with a common bond which disagrees with the corporate for-profit feel-good no-conflict political line. Let CF be Fox News & MSNBC combined. VM should take pride in being independant, non-beholden to any corporate or accounting-office-numbers-driven-bottom-line. This allows it to have more free will, self-determination, & integrity.
Let CF remain a small division in a large national corporate franchise network, just one more of many other interests run by committees of purely profit-driven executives in oak-paneled offices on the 43rd floor of a downtown office buiding.
Let VM stay the small independent shop personally run by a few strong men with greasy, calloused hands down on the shop floor where personal service & honesty are the highest priority.
Let the homogenous mass media provide the corporately manufactured desires of the sheeple, VM will be here on the shortwave bands for those few who jump the fence & seek alternative ways of thought. (sorry for the mixed metaphores).

May (IB)CF live long & prosper, so that VM may accept the rejects, rebels & misfits to build a strong, pure, cohesive, unpolluted organization outside of the corporate sphere of influence.

There can be no yin without yang.

John (the anti-Gene! )

(Napalm?--full tank. Ignition?--charged. Switch on?---READY!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #494
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhil View Post
---Disclaimer--I am in no way apologizing or standing up for D_boy, I just feel this needs to be said: ( I just got a new flame suit down at Ace Hardware!)

I also posted this at VM, but thought I should put it here as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, my last (I hope!) entry into this fray...

In a perverted defense of D-boy, I must say that he provides a service that many are willing to partake of. As long as this 'service' is accepted & even appreciated elsewhere, who among us should care? Those who like it will continue to accept it, those who don't can refute it, ignore it or leave altogether. Those who profit from it will encourage it. Periodically he steps over the bounds which is where he gets jumped on, deservedly so. Also as often it is but a trifling matter not worthy of the energy expended. But he does have a vast following of believers, who are we to force our beliefs onto them?
We here all know the problems we have with him, some serious in our eyes, some less so. But he cannot & will not see or accept them --as many of his followers cannot either. Those are their problems, not ours. Only rarely, and usually only when we seek a specific one out to pursue, do we have any reason to interfere with what goes on there. None among us is perfect--although even I can say that I've never before come across anyone who professes to be more perfect than he, even in spite of evidence to the contrary.
One thing we should all be thankful for: he keeps the morons, riff-raff, and stooges located complacently together in one place. The smart ones learn & move on, the not-so-smart ones will keep coming back happily. The Kool-Aid tastes good, after all. I for one do not want VetteMOD to achieve the popularity or population of CF for it will then become subject to the same pitfalls, and degrade towards the same level of behaviors
Periodically VM recieve refugees from 'there' seeking a better place. That, I think, is the best reason for VM's existance. To gather together those with a common bond which disagrees with the corporate for-profit feel-good no-conflict political line. Let CF be Fox News & MSNBC combined. VM should take pride in being independant, non-beholden to any corporate or accounting-office-numbers-driven-bottom-line. This allows it to have more free will, self-determination, & integrity.
Let CF remain a small division in a large national corporate franchise network, just one more of many other interests run by committees of purely profit-driven executives in oak-paneled offices on the 43rd floor of a downtown office buiding.
Let VM stay the small independent shop personally run by a few strong men with greasy, calloused hands down on the shop floor where personal service & honesty are the highest priority.
Let the homogenous mass media provide the corporately manufactured desires of the sheeple, VM will be here on the shortwave bands for those few who jump the fence & seek alternative ways of thought. (sorry for the mixed metaphores).

May (IB)CF live long & prosper, so that VM may accept the rejects, rebels & misfits to build a strong, pure, cohesive, unpolluted organization outside of the corporate sphere of influence.

There can be no yin without yang.

John (the anti-Gene! )

(Napalm?--full tank. Ignition?--charged. Switch on?---READY!
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 01-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Don't be shy here, say what you really think.

I have nothing aginst DB myself. BUT!!! What we have read here and on VM is very damning for DB. I have tried to help him a number of times myself. I have read his posts on CF and found them ......well.... "wanting"...(for lack of a better term) in detail and some not even close to being correct. I hope all this will be done with when RED gets his money (which according to RED should be soon).
Afraid I have to agree with you, sorry to have to come to that conclusion....

I too have talked with him over this problem last month in fact as I recall was the last .comm on it....I have to delete files for over crapasshity about once a month.....

so the notes are gone....but at this point, I have to agree with most of the above, and Glad Mike/RED, got his money back, if the m/o don't bounce....

Anti GENE....very funny.....I agree with your concept Jphil, but you ignore ONE main salient point, just WHO has to out of the generosity of their pockets, pay the BILLS and do the efforts to keep the site running seems to me the efforts need be paid for, much less the certainty of the BILLS/costs being paid....

but I have no stake in VM or here for that matter, or there, never did contribute any money, really....do business like all of us with sponsors, so they can pay for addy work...what goes around comes around, and Jphil is a a olde tyme hippie I guess....

Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #496
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Afraid I have to agree with you, sorry to have to come to that conclusion....

I too have talked with him over this problem last month in fact as I recall was the last .comm on it....I have to delete files for over crapasshity about once a month.....

so the notes are gone....but at this point, I have to agree with most of the above, and Glad Mike/RED, got his money back, if the m/o don't bounce....

Anti GENE....very funny.....I agree with your concept Jphil, but you ignore ONE main salient point, just WHO has to out of the generosity of their pockets, pay the BILLS and do the efforts to keep the site running seems to me the efforts need be paid for, much less the certainty of the BILLS/costs being paid....

but I have no stake in VM or here for that matter, or there, never did contribute any money, really....do business like all of us with sponsors, so they can pay for addy work...what goes around comes around, and Jphil is a a olde tyme hippie I guess....
Hey, good to see you here. Did you check out the RX_Snake that is being built here??

This is going to be fun for us local boys.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #497

Quote:
Hey, good to see you here. Did you check out the RX_Snake that is being built here??

This is going to be fun for us local boys.
Gotta link, ?? this thread is/was the only bookmark, came from VM a couple daze ago, I never knew this existed....

Yeh I know I"m not popular as I hate the environMENTALists....

Old 01-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #498
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Gotta link, ?? this thread is/was the only bookmark, came from VM a couple daze ago, I never knew this existed....

Yeh I know I"m not popular as I hate the environMENTALists....

http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Hey, not matter what, I'll always lo................."like" you.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 01-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #499

Quote:
http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Hey, not matter what, I'll always lo................."like" you.
Say something like that around Eric up the road, a welder, and biker for decades, and he look at you and say.....

'pecker schmootch'....or something similar....

He's the guy with the 22' Chapparal 350 chebby boat we been resurrecting from the dead over the last year or so....

Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #500
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Awesome, congrats Red on finally getting your money back