Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #71
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Is the art if Shaolin what teaches you to assume?
What does your car pull in a turn? What was your last 60' outing at the track?
It's not assuming when you already know the answer
Ron and I drive our shit with the intention of breaking it, not the hopes that it doesn't.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Ron and I drive our shit with the intention of breaking it, not the hopes that it doesn't.
No g force meter but I got a burnt bumper and for some reason on my drag radials and a clutch drop I couldn't pull better than a 2.0 but I think that was due to moist track and high 30 degree ambient temps in the spring along with no drag suspension whatsoever and terrible driving. Didn't mean I wasn't giving her hell

Now does Shaolin reach apologies?

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #73
pain's fun, hit me again

Not this Shaolin
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #74
Fast & Filthy

I don't drive with the intention of breaking something, I just have faith that nothing will.

My best 60' in the Cobra has been a 1.713. That was with a 6000 rpm launch on my M/T ET Street slicks.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #75
pain's fun, hit me again

Oh I drive shit to break it to know what I need to do next.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
With the intention of breaking things? That's like saying, "I love coming to a stop and shitting away money and time."

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #77
Fast & Filthy

If something breaks then I fix it and upgrade if possible.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #78
I, Vettezuki

That's sensible enough. Build to common knowledge, nobody is really doing anything all that unique or extreme here, then replace/upgrade as needed.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
And they keep performing better and better. What truly confuses me, all jokes aside, is why? Their target demographic is clearly defined. 60+% purchase them above the age 50, and I know from experience there are 50+ yo's at the track but not nearly as much. It's few and far between.

As a marketing major I get that you must continue to improve and move forward or you are willing to take a step back. I get that. But why focus on making it faster when a vast majority do not push it to the limits? Why not spend budget on better materials for the interior? No one questions they perform, not even spiteful magazines, but the first thing they bag on is calling it plastic fantastic. I could stand behind the car so much more than I do if they made it a well rounded and complete car. I get that it's my opinion, but why? Why not step up the game where you are constantly hounded?
Because the old slow driving men buy them because they are the best, not because they intend to use them.

Its like someone who buys a 32 gig phone who has 7 songs on their iTunes. They have the money so they want the best, even though theyll never push its capability. But if it wasnt the best, they wouldnt buy it.

GM doesnt give a flying fuck how the cars will be driven, they care about the reviews it will get, so they can sell more of them.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #80
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I don't drive with the intention of breaking something, I just have faith that nothing will.

My best 60' in the Cobra has been a 1.713. That was with a 6000 rpm launch on my M/T ET Street slicks.
Were you burning the clutch to do that? Even though it sucks for your clutch, I hear thats the best way to launch.