Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #1

Default Video: College student drives off cliff while texting prophetic message

Filed under: Safety, Videos

Texting while driving is a horrible, horrible idea. This is not news. And as unfortunate as this story may be, we have to admit, it's a little ironic.

Chance Bothe, a 21-year-old college student from Texas, drove his pickup truck off of a bridge, over a cliff and down into a deep ravine. But the last text he sent before the accident occurred is where the bit of irony - and nearly tragic foreshadowing - comes into focus.
"I need to quit texting because I could die in a car accident."
Thankfully, Bothe did not die as a result of this crash, though he suffered a broken neck, crushed face, fractured skull and traumatic brain injuries. After six months of recovery and rehab, Bothe is about 80-percent back to normal.

Scroll down to watch a video detailing the story, in which Bothe talks to KHOU-TV on his last day of rehab.Continue reading College student drives off cliff while texting prophetic message
College student drives off cliff while texting prophetic message originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #2

“Chance Bothe, a 21-year-old college student from Texas, drove his pickup truck off of a bridge, over a cliff and down into a deep ravine.”

I don’t wish hurt on too many people but I am militant about distracted driving. I think the sentence should read:
Chance Bothe, a 21-year-old Clown college student from Texas, drove his pickup truck off of a bridge…