Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Few are man enough. I understand.

Not sure if I should be offended...

Anyway, Fullerton College is a pretty good place to have your car stolen, I know several people with all different types of cars that have had them stolen from there.

Don't they have their own police department?
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #12

Unless it falls in their laps the cops won't find it. I know of 3 stolen cars that had parking tickets put on them and that isn't how they were recovered.

Another place is movie theaters. They know you won't be back for at least a 90 min
Old 04-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

SWC, you get my PM?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Not sure if I should be offended...

Anyway, Fullerton College is a pretty good place to have your car stolen, I know several people with all different types of cars that have had them stolen from there.

Don't they have their own police department?
They have campus safety, but they only write tickets. The parking lots dont have cameras either.

Since my brother and his family is in town, we ended up renting a car. First, Hertz gave me a Camry, that thing sounded terrible just driving it in the parking lot. Then they gave us a Galant, for which the very next day the shifter button (the one you push in to change gears) shot out. Called and raised hell, they sent us to John Wayne airport and I jokingly requested the 5.0 Mustang they had sitting there and they actually gave it to me. I thought Id never say this but I like it quite a bit. So much so that Id actually like to buy one. I cant fit 3 kids on the back seat properly, so I wont be able to get one. Boo to me.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 04-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #15

Hertz is pretty good about service.
In 07 we rented a puick and they upgraded us to a new deville northstar - that was nice until the speed limiter cut in - went about 1/4 mile before the engine ran again.
The starter went out on a sunday night and we were stranded at a friends house. GM mobile came out and changed the starter and when we turned it in they gave us a one day refund.

About to rent my 3rd hertz. Put 2200 miles on the caddie, 4600 on a 13 monte carlo and headed to south dakota in a ATS in a couple of weeks.
No worries travel and the better mileage, about 10 more per gal, than our cars covers a lot of the rental fee. LOL
Old 04-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #16

Jeep was recovered yesterday evening. Hard top and both batteries were stolen, glove box, and steering column were busted. Other than that, like it was before. NAd they used up 3/4 of a tank of gas, bastards!

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #17
Fast & Filthy

Congrats on getting it back. Is your insurance company going to cover it?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #18
Internet Tough Guy

I'm glad you got your keep back. Payments suck.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Congrats on getting it back. Is your insurance company going to cover it?
They will. I've already put a new battery in and fixed the glove box and the plastic around the climate controls/radio from when they tried to steal the radio, we also found the volume knob and fixed the radio "cage" so it sits where it's supposed to.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #20

Looking up a new hard top, even on ebay, those things are expensive! $1600 and up for one. Have to wait till Monday to talk to the insurance lady handling my case to get it in to a shop. With the new battery, impound fees, and rental, Ive already put almost $600 into it, and my deductible is $500, so hopefully I wont have to pay anything more to get it fixed.

Gonna put an alarm in it, a ignition kill switch, and some hood latch locks. A letter to the next thief saying to keep it for at least 15 days will be typed up and placed in the glove box as well.