Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Sorry, Shaolin, I did not see your query. I am actually afraid to. I'm afraid to even work on the turbo Buick. I guess that I have gotten old & lazy, I just like to be the hammerer, not the fixer. I got a bud that helps me on the turbo Buick.
Maybe im brain damaged, when i first got my 7.3L dually i had the entire top end off to pull the turbo and and upper intake to squeeze more HP out if it. If you are too afraid to yourself i have no issue throwing wrenchs at someones car to make it go faster. Have you ever talked to Adam at ST about tuning, he is the oh holiest of tuners when it comes to anything domestic
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #12

Who's Adam and what is ST?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Who's Adam and what is ST?
Adam at Spankin Time motorsports, deals ALOT with PD style blowers
Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #14

Thanks, Shaolin, I will look into that. However, D3 will probably still get my work and vote as they work exclusively on Caddies, actually only on Hi-Po ones such as the V1 & V2 CTS-V's & the STS-V's. I think that they are hard to beat.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Thanks, Shaolin, I will look into that. However, D3 will probably still get my work and vote as they work exclusively on Caddies, actually only on Hi-Po ones such as the V1 & V2 CTS-V's & the STS-V's. I think that they are hard to beat.
Adam works very well with GM vehicles, he has a kenne blown '10 camaro in the mid 10's
Old 08-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #16

I still vote for charlie at RPM i think he is one of the best tuners out there
Old 08-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #17

OK, considering that this is a non-partisan, or non-biased, forum, I know most of the players in the tuning game in SoCal. I would not hesitate to have Church Automotive Testing (CAT) in Wilmington tune my Cad, and the same is true for Charlie at RPM in Valencia, or Andy Green at A & A Corvettes in Oxnard, (I think), and I have heard good things of Dynamic Tuning Solutions (DTS) in Reseda, and I have heard good things of Cunningham Motor Sports down in Lake Elsinore. As far as mechanical aptitude & skill for building and working on my Cad, it would have to be D3 in Signal hill, or Andy Green at A & A Corvettes. FWIW & IMHO, a tuner is not always a good builder, and a builder is not always a good tuner.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
OK, considering that this is a non-partisan, or non-biased, forum, I know most of the players in the tuning game in SoCal. I would not hesitate to have Church Automotive Testing (CAT) in Wilmington tune my Cad, and the same is true for Charlie at RPM in Valencia, or Andy Green at A & A Corvettes in Oxnard, (I think), and I have heard good things of Dynamic Tuning Solutions (DTS) in Reseda, and I have heard good things of Cunningham Motor Sports down in Lake Elsinore. As far as mechanical aptitude & skill for building and working on my Cad, it would have to be D3 in Signal hill, or Andy Green at A & A Corvettes. FWIW & IMHO, a tuner is not always a good builder, and a builder is not always a good tuner.
The rest is personal experience and even personal preferences for what kind of people you want to deal with. Generally speaking, regardless of business, if there is a business that narrowly specializes and has a good reputation with some history, it's a slam dunk for two simple reasons 1) they've probably seen your exact problem or challenge before, possibly many times 2) they depend on not screwing up their core business because it's what puts food on the table.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #19

I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Adam is both a great builder and tuner. Not just tuning engines but suspension as well. But i get your point, go with the people you know, just trying to give other options